Chapter IX: The Test

"The darkness is something that one shouldn't fear...

The darkness should be embraced...

And one can gain invincible power."

The old man sat on a white chair with his yellow eyes glowing with anticipation. He tapped his fingers on the arm of his chair, his leg crossed over his other. A smirk was plastered on his face as he stared straight ahead of him. He sat in a room of white and thirteen chairs each at a different height.

Sighing heavily, he gazed down at his hands and curled it into a fist.

"Yet there are those who do not see the wondrous power the darkness can bestow."

"You are referring to Sora and his friends...Xehanort?" The young version of Xehanort interrupted, sitting on his chair across the elder.

The original Xehanort looked to his younger self and gave a broad smile. "Yes. It is a shame they still cannot see the power that darkness can be bestow. But no matter. Our destinies are upon us."

Silently, the younger Xehanort looked at his original self with a solemn expression. "He will not stand a chance once our last seat is filled. The resplendent light that Sora carries will fade."

Xehanort chuckled a little, shaking his head. "Oh but it will not be that easy. Perhaps we will let them enjoy what little time they have before the Keyblade War begins once again." Then, with a snap of his fingers, a man in a black coat emerged from a dark portal. 

"You called?" The man said in a gruff voice.

"Yes I did," The elder crossed his arms and his smile broadened. "You may begin your mission."