Chapter V: Harbinger of Darkness

*****CLICK MUSIC ON SIDE. 

Chapter V: The Harbinger of Darkness

"WHHRRRROOOOOAAARRHHHH!!!!!"

"Looks like we got company!" Sora readied his Keyblade to attack.

Sora and Riku watched as the large flying Heartless flew over them. It mounted itself, hovering with its enormous and powerful wings. The wings were tattered, dark and purple. The Heartless appeared to have a human like body, covered in black plated armor and chains with the Heartless symbol engraved on its chest. Its eyes were fierce yellow and the rest of his face was concealed with black rags. Howling with rage, the creature began charging straight at Sora and Riku.

Immediately, Sora and Riku quickly dodged in separate directions, rolling on the ground and landing on their feet. They stared at the huge Heartless, grasping their Keyblades.

Then, Sora searched for Saïx and spotted him walking into a Dark Portal. "Hold it!" Sora shouted after Saïx, but the blue haired man had already entered the Dark Portal and disappeared.

"Sora!" Riku shouted over to Sora as the Harbinger came turned to where Sora was standing. "Look out!"

With brute strength, the Harbinger of Darkness smashed its large hands on the ground. Sora flew back from the impact, hitting his back on the ground.

"Gahhh!" Sora cried out, falling on his back.

"Sora!"

Quickly getting back on his feet, Sora turned to Riku and gave him a "I'm alright" look. "Let's do this Riku!"

Riku nodded, summoning his own Keyblade into his hand. "Right!"

Swiftly, Sora and Riku dashed towards the huge Heartless and swung their Keyblades at the large creature's hands. The Harbinger bellowed in pain and immediately grabbed its large shackled chains and flung them at the two Keyblade wielders.

Agile as they were, they dodged the chains and kept attacking the large creature. The purple dark clouds in the sky rolled in, thundering above them. Lighting struck the grounds and Sora and Riku quickly had to dodge each one, avoiding to be electrocuted. They blasted the magic spells at the Heartless, slowly lowering his health. Enraged, the Heartless began summoning Heartless onto the battleground, preparing for his next powerful attack.

Sora and Riku fought the Heartless and destroyed them quickly, readying themselves the Harbinger's powerful move. They quickly attacked the Heartless while he was still vulnerable, but before they could land another hit, the Heartless had already created a large black scythe and slashed it at the two of them with enormous power.

"Gahhh!!!" Riku and Sora fell to the ground, their bodies aching with pain.

"It's so strong!" Sora exclaimed, shaking as he got up.

"It's the Realm of Darkness!" Riku yelled over the loud thundering clouds, getting up from the ground. "The Heartless is using the dark energy surrounded in the realm to power himself!"

The Harbinger of Darkness roared again with rage, holding its scythe and eying the two. Sora and Riku looked at each other. They had to think of something fast.

"We need to come up with a plan—"

"Use the Keyblade armor!" A voice called out from the darkness.

"What?" Sora turned to find the person who called out to them. Then, Sora looked at his pauldron on his left shoulder. He remembered what Yen Sid had told them, to only use their armor when they needed it. Exchanging a nod with Riku, they placed their hands on their shoulder armor.

Suddenly, a bright light engulfed Riku and Sora and the Harbinger howled in terror at the sight of the bright light. The power of light surged throughout the battlefield and Sora and Riku could feel their health and energy replenished.

When the blinding light vanished, Sora and Riku stood high and tall, wearing their suits of Keyblade armor. Sora and Riku looked at their armor in amazement, feeling the sensation of power.

"Woah," Sora examined his armor, staring at the blue, red, black and silver colors of his armor. "So this is Keyblade Armor..."

"No time to be distracted Sora," Riku alerted Sora, with his Keyblade in his hands. "We got to destroy this thing first."

Nodding, Sora turned to Riku with a smile behind his mask. "Let's do it!"

Together, Sora and Riku charged at the Heartless and jumped at it. The Heartless bent back, surprised at their sudden power.

"Hiyaaah!!" Sora and Riku slashed their Keyblades diagonally across the large Heartless armored body.

"WHHORRRROAAAARRRR!!!!" The Heartless's yellow eyes looked up at the sky, roaring in pain. With no more strength to fight, the Heartless dispersed into tiny pieces, vanishing into the darkness. The thundering clouds had disappeared and everything had turned back to normal.

"We did it!" Sora cheered as his armor disappeared.

Riku nodded as his armor disappeared as well, looking up at the sky. "I bet we're glad to be wearing the Keyblade Armor."

Chuckling, Sora smiled with agreement. "Yeah!"

"Quite a show you both put up there."

Sora and Riku turned to see a blue short haired woman striding towards them. She wore a high-collared halter top, two pink, intersecting belts over her chest, and black shorts. Two pieces of blue cloth draped on the sides of her hips with a white sash wrapped around her hips. Her armor pointed shoes clanked as she walked and her face was strong and bold.

The woman smiled at them gently as she stood before them.

"Sora and Riku, right?"

.

.

.

.