Chapter VIII: Tragedy is not the End

****Click on music on the side if you want to listen while reading. Enjoy.

Chapter VIII: Tragedy is not the End

"Master."

Aqua felt her tears well up as she saw her master stand before her, falling to her knees and dropping her Keyblade to the ground. She felt her heart ached as she saw him, a fist curling on her chest and she shook her head with disbelief. "Master Eraqus," She breathed with incredulity.

The man in the Black Coat stood before them with dark black hair tied up in a high topknot with one bang hanging from the right side of his face. Jagged scars were above his left eye and a long scar marked his cheek.. With a compassionate look, he held a hand up to his pupil and smiled.

"Yes Aqua. It's been too long."

Taking his hand, Aqua lifted herself up, feeling emotionally unstable. Seeing her father-like and caring old master after so long made her break down on the inside. In her head, the overflowing memories of training and learning from him, the fatherly times her master spent with Aqua and her friends, all the moments left her speechless and lost in a trance.

"You've been through so much Aqua," Master Eraqus told her sadly, putting his hands on her shoulders. He shook his head looking upset with himself. "I should have told you all from the beginning about Master Xehanort and about Ventus. I should have been there to protect you, Ventus and Terra from suffering like this."

Then, the old master knelt before his old pupil and bowed his head down with grief. "Forgive me Aqua. Forgive me for not being a better mentor to you all."

Watching them from afar, Riku and Sora wore sad expressions as they observed Master Eraqus and Aqua. They watched as Aqua shook her head and knelt down next to her master, looking him kindly face to face.

"Master you're wrong," The young woman pleaded, miserable to see her master like this. "Terra, Ventus an I all chose our own paths to follow. You only did what you thought was right and you've been there for all of us. There is nothing more that I could have asked of you, Master."

"Aqua..." The old master gazed up at Aqua and beamed proudly at her. "I'm glad to have been the master of you, Terra and Ventus. There is no other prouder Keyblade master than I in this world at this moment. My pupils have grown to become fine and more exceptional Keyblade Masters than I have."

"Master..." Aqua cried out with happiness.

Standing up from the ground, Master Eraqus helped Aqua up again and turned to the two boys who watched them with awe. He glanced at Aqua, who simply smiled with a nod, and then walked towards Riku and Sora.

The two boys were startled to see the old master walk before them and immediately they bowed. "Master Eraqus."

But the master shook his head, holding up a hand. "There is no need. You two already are Keyblade Masters, are you not?"