Chapter XXVII: Attack on Titans I

Previously:

Sora and his friends face trials on their way to the top of Mt. Olympus, hoping they could make it to the peak at the same time as Hercules. However, after Jiminy Cricket explains the story about the Titans, powerful beings that fought against the gods of Mt. Olympus, Sora and his friends realize that there was something sinister that Hades was planning.

The three friends were quiet after hearing what Jiminy Cricket told them. After coming to a terrible realization, Sora looked at his friends with a serious expression. "There's no time to waste. We have to tell Hercules."

"But we don't even know where he could be!" Goofy wailed nervously, tugging his ears. "Remember what Yen Sid said? We would be going separate paths and we would only be able to see Hercules once we all finish the test!"

Before they arrived on the mountain, Yen Sid did tell them that they would not see each other until the very end. After all, going up to the top of the mountain was Sora's Mark of Mastery Test, but Sora began to think that there was another reason why he and his friends were sent to Mt. Olympus.

"Gee you're right," Sora nodded, crossing his arms. "Then I guess we are going to have to hurry to Gates of Olympus and tell Zeus what Hades might be planning."

In agreement with Sora's idea, Jiminy Cricket leaped onto Sora's shoulder, putting his journal away in his coat. "Sounds like a good plan. I do remember reading some things while we were at the Olympus Coliseum. I'll try to remember what I read and see if maybe that can help us."

"Thanks Jiminy," The keyblade wielder smiled. "Come on guys we have to hurry."

The friends continued up the mountain, battling Heartless they encountered along the way. The road became tougher to climb and the number of Heartless they faced rapidly increased. In a hidden spot, Sora luckily found a map in a treasure chest, hoping to find the best way to reach the top of the mountain. However, looking at the map several times, the friends realized it would take them much longer than they thought.

After long hours of climbing cliffs and fighting Heartless, Sora and his friends arrived at a strange site of broken stone statues and trampled wild mountain flowers. They walked through the site, looking for any suspicious movement or clues as to why the statues were in a demolished state.

"What is this?" Sora thought aloud, staring at the large statues that were deteriorating.

Donald shuddered, wrapping his arms around himself. "Do you think Hades did this?"

"Guh-hyuk! Well, I guess we can ask him cuz Hades is right there!" Sora and Donald stared at Goofy with confused looks as he pointed to a tall figure with blue flames as hair, dressed in black. He stood a couple feet away from them, scolding his henchmen, Pain and Panic, both shaking nervously. They seemed too occupied to notice Sora and his friends.