Chapter IV: To Save Her from the Darkness

******CLICK LINK ON SIDE FOR MUSIC.

Chapter IV: To Save Her from the Darkness

The overwhelming darkness crawled from every crevice and corner in the realm of endless night. Overhead, the shadowy skies eternally blanketed the world with infinite darkness and the air felt forbidding, bone-chilling as the shadows lurked in the everlasting darkness. The terrain was covered with large dark gray boulders and cliffs that were marked with short lines of mysterious, glowing blue marks.

Sora and Riku found themselves standing next to each other, staring at the stair-like terrain. It felt strange to be back here.

"This is..." Sora murmured quietly, beholding the sight.

Riku nodded, surveying the pathway. "Yes. The Realm of Darkness. It all seems so surreal."

The air was cold, poking at Sora's skin causing him to have goosebumps."The Realm of Darkness," Sora repeated, gazing at the world around him. He felt the unwelcoming air hover around them and the dangers that were against them on the road ahead.

With a solemn expression on his face, Riku turned to Sora with a serious look. "Imagine being stuck down here for so many years."

Sora looked up at Riku and shook his head miserably, his eyes drooping downwards to the ground. "I can't imagine." He admitted. "To be trapped here for so long." The realm was full of boundless darkness. To even imagine not seeing a single day of light sounded horrible to Sora.

Clenching his fists, Sora turned to the stair like path. "We have to rescue Aqua no matter what." He said determinedly.

"Mm." Riku agreed. "We'll find her."

With determination, the two young Keyblade warriors followed the path in the Realm of Darkness, uncertain of what they were to be confronting.

(Flashback at Yen Sid's Tower)

"Keyblade Armor?"

Yen Sid gestured his hands towards the Keyblade armor that magically hovered over the ground. Sora and Riku looked at the armor with amazement, almost feeling the powerful energy surging towards them as if it wanted them to wear it.

"The Keyblade Armor will protect you in the Realm of Darkness," Yen Sid assured them, crossing his arms. "Wear this and save our friend Aqua."

"Cool!" Sora exclaimed, staring in awe at the pieces of armor.

"Keyblade wielders wore Keyblade armor for battle and to protect them while traveling through the darkness and the Lanes Between the worlds." The wise wizard continued. "However, the wielders usually wore a pauldron, armor that covered the shoulders. By pressing this, you activate your Keyblade Armor and vehicle of transportation."