Chapter XX: Crossed Paths (Part 3)

*Music at top. Might need to turn up the volume a bit

"So you're saying that Kairi and Aqua are nowhere to be found right?"

Sora looked at Master Yen Sid while folding his arms. His eyes were full of shock and confusion after Yen Sid had told him what had happened. Then, after Yen Sid gave him a nod, clenching his fist, Sora turned to his friends with a determined look. "Then we have to save them!"

"No," Yen Sid boomed gravely, surprising Sora. The old master shook his head with disapproval and gestured his hand to Sora. "You have yet to complete the Mark of Mastery, Sora. In order for you to save your friends, you must become a Keyblade Master to unlock the greater powers that lie within."

"But—" Sora protested.

"Leave it to us," Riku announced, turning to Sora with a serious face. "Sora we need you to complete the Mark of Mastery if we are going to save Kairi and Aqua and fight against Xehanort."

"But Riku!" Sora exclaimed, unable to contain his frustration.

"Sora," Mickey took Sora by the hand and gazed up at him. "I know you are worried, but we don't have a choice. We all want Kairi and Aqua to be safe. But the right thing to do now is for you to take the Mark of Mastery."

Looking at his friends, Sora said nothing and turned to Master Yen Sid. It was obvious that he was not a Keyblade Master yet, but Sora knew that he needed to play his part. Finally nodding, Sora pointed to his chest. "Then...all I need to do is complete the Mark of Mastery?"

"Precisely," the Disney wizard nodded. Then waving his hands, a magical image appeared, hovering over his table. Everyone in the room watched as the image of a world appeared before Sora. "I recently received an urgent call from someone you know. Therefore for the Mark of Mastery, I will require you to venture into this world and assist your friend on his journey. If you succeed, you will pass the test and become a Keyblade Master."

"Hey!" Donald quacked, pointing his finger at the image. "Isn't that where Hercules lives?"

"Gawrsh you're right!" Goofy chuckled. Then, after looking at the world closer, he scratched the back of his head. "Uh...though it does look sorta different."

"Donald and Goofy will accompany you on your test," Yen Sid continued, looking at the two Disney friends with a nod. "This test will require the help of friends. You may leave whenever you are ready and will report back to be when your task is completed."

Then, with a salute over their foreheads, Sora, Donald and Goofy stood up tall with confident looks on their faces. "Yes sir!"

As Sora and his two Disney friends quickly left the tower, Yen Sid looked over to Riku, Mickey and Lea, who stood there waiting. "Lea," the Disney wizard said, stroking his beard. "You did say you were going back to Radiant Gardens soon, didn't you?"

Shrugging, Lea folded his arms. "Yeah what about it old man?"