Chapter XVIII: Crossed Paths (Part 1)

**Recap if needed: 

After visiting Twilight Town, Sora had fallen into a deep sleep and rediscovered memories that were not his own. And now he wakes, only to find that there is a bigger trial that leads ahead. 

I tried to find music to go with this but if it doesn't sound right with your reading I apologize (especially later in the end of this chapter) :/

But anyway music is up top. Click away and hope you enjoy! **

"Sora! Wake up!"

With an anxious expression on his face, Riku was kneeling down next his friend, whose eyes shot wide open when he heard the sound of his voice. Sighing with relief when Sora woke up, Riku put a hand on Sora's shoulder. "What happened?"

"R...Riku?" Sora muttered groggily, slowly regaining his senses. He rubbed his eyes and shook his head from the nausea he was feeling. Looking up at his friend, Sora gave him a small apologetic grin. "Sorry I must've fallen asleep..."

"You fell asleep right after we came back from the Realm of Darkness," Riku told his friend with seriousness. Standing up, he held out his hand to Sora to help him up. "You had us worried."

"I had really...strange dreams." Sora said as he took Riku's hand, helping himself get on his feet. Sora's eyes narrowed to the ground, trying to remember what exactly had happened to him. There were so many things going inside his head it hurt just to remember the dreams he was having. Out of all the dreams he was in, Sora only could remember one line:

"Hurry and wake up Sora. Because soon, it's going to be my turn to wake up."

Just as Sora was about to inquire what had happened while he was sleeping, Axel, Donald, Goofy and Mickey came running up the stairs into Yen Sid' room, with anxious, troubled expressions on their faces. The old wizard, Yen Sid, stood up from his chair with a grave look on his face.

"Were you able to find them?" The old wizard asked with concern, looking at all four of them.

"No..." Axel admitted, scratching the back of his head. He shook his head with slight disappointment. "We can't find them anywhere."

"What are you guys talking about?" Sora asked, walking over to them. "What happened while I was asleep?" He turned to his friend Mickey, who looked the most worried and concerned out of the rest.

"It's..." Mickey began, but unable to look at Sora in the eyes. "Well...to tell you the truth Sora..."

"Kairi is missing."

Hearing the name of his friend, Sora immediately turned to Riku, shocked. "Kairi? What do you mean she's missing?" Sora asked with incredulity.

Riku wore an uneasy expression on his face as he looked at Sora's. "Aqua is missing as well," Riku continued in a low voice, folding his arms. "They disappeared a little while after you fell asleep."