Chapter XXIV: The Rising Threat

*Music up at the top. Enjoy! 

Marching on the steps towards her palace, figures hidden in the shadows silently slipped into the dark fortress. The moon shone luminously in the sky; the night was quiet yet a murky feeling was in the air. Dark clouds slowly crept towards the moon, shrouding it and its silver rays.

Inside the castle, dark energy trickled around the entrance, coming from upstairs. A vicious laughter reverberated behind one wall and a murderous shout resonated behind another. Knowingly, the guests ascended up the castle steps, approaching a hallway leading into an open chamber. Eyes watched as the new guests entered into the room as they stood around a large table.

Sighing with exasperation, one of the new guests walked took his place at the table, standing in between two other figures. Looking at the person to his left, the guest folded his arms and began tapping his foot impatiently, rolling his eyes. "You heard the news?"

Silently, the hooded figure on his left turned to the guest, saying nothing. Irritated, the guest shook his head and loudly signed again, rambling on. "Well, looks like you don't know either. Apparently some of us haven't been informed of what's been going on these days."

"And you happen to know?" The female voice on his left asked inquisitively, her face hidden under her hood.

"Lady," The guest turned to the woman with a sardonic smile. "You might think I know everything, but I don't alright?" Curling his hand under his chin, his eyes wandered around the room, noticing the table filled with individuals he wasn't acquainted with. "Some party we got here."

"Ahem."

Immediately, all eyes turned to a woman, who sat on her throne a few feet away from the meeting table with all the guests. Her cold and piercing yellow eyes gazed down at her guests, holding her staff. Stroking her raven that sat on her scepter, her red lips formed an elegant, but devious smile as her guests waited for her to speak.

"Well, well, well," The sorceress mused, her shallow mint skin glowing as sat tall and comfortably in her chair. "I see new faces here today. I welcome you all to my humble abode." Her eyes fell upon the noisy guest, who stared back at her intently. "It is also a pleasure to see old acquaintances as well."

"Maleficent," The guest smirked wryly, crossing his arms. "Seems like you've been enjoying yourself lately."

Raising an eyebrow at him, Maleficent smiled as she rose from her chair, standing before her guests. "My friends," the sorceress boomed. "You all have been invited here for a special reason. The time has come and I have waited very long for this moment."

"Our time is short and the end is near," Maleficent continued. "Conquering the light will be no easy task. And I will need each of you to assist me." Walking towards the meeting table, the Disney sorceress stood before her small group of guests. "Now then...shall we begin?"