Chapter XIV: Untold Prophecies

***MUSIC UP TOP

Silence spread across a room or darkness as two figures faced one another, staring at each other with unwavering gazes. Both figures did not speak until one broke the silence.

"Yen Sid, my old friend," the old man spoke, his eyes glowing with anticipation. "How nice to see you again."

The other man, standing a few feet away, stroked his long beard. "Xehanort," he bellowed. "It has been many years since I had last saw you. Seeing you now, it seems you have become like darkness itself."

"Indeed I have," Xehanort chuckled, his yellow eyes glistening with amusement. "I have learned to tame my inner darkness and control it at my will." He raised his hand up to Yen Sid, holding his hand out. "It is a shame that not even you cannot see the incredible power that darkness bestows."

"I have already seen what the darkness can do," Yen Sid solemnly looked at Xehanort, folding his arms. "And the darkness is the road I chose not to take."

"So be it."

"I am not here to simply chat with you Xehanort," Yen Sid continued gravely, unwavering. "But to ask of you something of utmost importance."

Amused and curious, Xehanort stroked his beard and raised his eyebrows. "Oh really? Surely you must be desperate to be asking me."

"That is because you are the only one who would know the answer to what I seek." Closing his eyes and then opening them, Yen Sid stared at the old man across from him. "Long ago you had encountered something extremely powerful, something that was powerful enough to predict the future."

Smirking, Xehanort nodded, understanding what Yen Sid was talking about. "Ah...you are referring to the Book of Prophecies. Yes, I did encounter it once in my younger days."

"Where is the book now?" Yen Sid inquired, his voice growing firmer.

Suddenly, Xehanort burst out laughing, holding his stomach and the back of his crooked back. "If I had it, wouldn't Kingdom Hearts be mine already? Ahahaha!" The old man chuckled, "Are you really that worried about it? Is there something you are not telling me?"

Without hesitation, Yen Sid waved his hands in the air and between the two men appeared a floating image. Xehanort turned his head around and looked at the image of a witch with a green face and her large henchman conversing in a dark castle.

"Do yah really think this book can give us the power to change da future Maleficent?" The buff henchman asked, whispering closely near the woman.

The green faced witch turned to him, snarling. "There is no need for you to whisper so close to me!"

"Y-Yes milady," The henchman Pete shrunk back and nodded nervously.

"Now that we have our clue as to where the Book of Prophecies may be," the woman continued, stroking her black bird that stood on her staff. "I will find this book and change the future where I will rule all worlds and cover it with darkness!"