Chapter XXVI: A Hero's Journey 2

**Music at top.**

Previously: Our heroes are on Mt. Olympus, home to Hercules' father Zeus and the gods of Olympus. They must overcome the challenges along the way in order to reach the top, with Hades planning secretly behind their backs...

Mt. Olympus

"GOOFY!"

From a distance, in shock, Sora and Donald watched as Goofy ran next to them. The Disney character held his shield up, lowering his head as he turned to his friends wearing a sheepish smile. "Looks like I landed into trouble, guh-hyuk!"

"You can say that again!" Donald quacked angrily, slapping his hand on his head.

Alarmed, Sora turned to where Goofy came from. The horde of bull shaped heartless charged towards them, ready to knock them off the face of the island. Adrenaline pumped through Sora's veins as he quickly summoned his keyblade and spun it in the air.

"Let's go!"

Following Sora, Donald and Goofy charged behind. Brandishing his staff in the air, Donald shouted "Thunder!" and immediately lightning bolts struck their enemies ahead, causing two of them to disintegrate, their remains wafting into the air. Speeding past Donald, Goofy charged towards the Heartless, holding his shield firmly in front of him as he collided with one of the monsters.

Sora watched as his friends pulled forward, attacking the enemy. As Goofy bounced backwards from his attack, the Keyblade wielder surged forward into the battle, leaped into the air, and swung his Keyblade down at a Heartless. The creature recoiled and disappeared.

The three heroes continued fighting against the Heartless, working together to drive them away. But just as they were about to defeat remaining enemies, the ground shook violently as a loud roar erupted from the cliffs. Sora and his friends quickly lost their balance and the bull-shaped Heartless immediately ran towards the cliffs. Was it fear in their faces? Or was it something darker than that?

"What was that?" Sora exclaimed once the noise ended.

"Must've been a giant monster guh-hyuk!" Goofy scratched the back of his head while he helped Sora up to his feet.

Sora smiled and chuckled nervously with a nod. He looked towards the cliffs, still wondering what had just happened.

Then, something caught his eye. Sora squinted his eyes closely, spotting moving dots in the distance. Realizing who it was, Sora grabbed Goofy's arm. "Wait a minute!" Sora's eyes widened. "It's Hercules!"

"Really?" Donald asked, scrambling up next to him. "Where?"