I wasn’t really sure how we could beat crickets in air vents and the janitors’ car on top of the school, which were previous pranks we had done in the first semester.

“Whatever you do don’t get arrested again” my mom said making us laugh.

“I'm serious if I have to bail more than 4 of you out of jail again I'm going to make scrub the floors until their absolutely spotless with a toothbrush” she told us warningly pointing her butter knife at us.

After the 8th episode of grey’s anatomy I went upstairs and took a hot shower and then went back into my room almost letting out a small scream.

“I’ve been looking for that shirt” he said.

“Finders keepers” I replied.

“go get dressed we’re going out” he told me.

“Thayne… it’s like two in the morning” I told him.

“Did I say which time zone we were going to?” he asked me.

“jeans or shorts?” I asked.

“Uh… I don’t know?” he replied. Typical guy.

“Are we going to Antarctica or Africa?” I asked.

“neither” he replied taking my sarcasm literally. Right because he was old and wasn’t even born in the 20th century.

“Is it hot or cold where we’re going?” I asked.

“it’s not freezing” he replied. Whatever I thought pulled jeaned shorts on and then putting on a t-shirt and my combat boots.

“should I bring my letterman?” I asked.

“yes” he answered, and I grabbed it shrugging it on.

“Ready?” he asked me, I nodded.

“you aren’t going to open your eyes again are you?” he asked me, I shook my head. He surprised me by taking my hand.

“Close your eyes and hold your breath” he told me, I did as told and felt the nausea and then heard the sound of chattering, and cars and could smell almost every scent I had ever smelled before. I opened my eyes seeing giant buildings and people everywhere.

“Where are we?” I asked.

“Chicago” he answered watching as I turned a complete slow circle taking in my surroundings. Chicago was more of an architectural city with more bricks and less glass. More street art and modern buildings and less rich stuck up people. Everyone expressed themselves freely and there was no judgment. 

I loved it. We walked around for hours, just taking in everything. He seemed to know where he was going and I just trailed behind him asking question after question while he tried to gently answer each one without showing his irritation.

“Where would you like to go next?” he asked me, I thought for a minute.

“Unless you’re tired” he added quickly “You have school tomorrow” he reminded me quietly and I groaned.

“I can ditch tomorrow” I told him , he pursed his lips.

“it’s just one day” I assured him.

“I don’t want you ditching your education for me” he told me, I sighed.

“Okay take me back” I said holding my hand out waiting for him to take it so I could appear back in my cozy room and hopefully guilt trip Thayne into spending the night.

He took my hand and I closed my eyes and held my breath feeling the now familiar wave of nausea, I opened my eyes to my room and I took my shoes and jacket off and grabbed the t-shirt that was his laying on the floor and went to my closet and changed back into it.