7. We Need To Have An Intervention

Start from the beginning

"You're the asshole," I muttered under my breath.

Abby threw the pillow back at me, feigning an astonished expression. "You apologize right now," she scolded, barely able to remain straight-faced.

"I will not," I argued.

"Fine, guess I'm just the asshole here," Will mumbled, his shoulders drooping in mock hurt.

I playfully hit him with the pillow, which he deflected, and hit me with it. "Ow!" I cried, dramatically yanking the pillow out of his hand and holding it to my head.

"Baby," Will teased.

I scowled at him. "I'm not a baby," I protested. "Now, where are you guys taking me for this supposed intervention?"

"It's a secret," they both said in unison.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

"Where are we going?" I pressed, desperately wondering where Abby and Will were dragging me to.

"We're going to Charley's," Will said without taking his eyes off the road. Charley's is our--along with pretty much everyone at our schools'--favorite restaurant/hangout spot.

"So, have you guys heard of the new Melissa Mccarthy movie?" I asked.

Abby turned around in her seat to look at me, a sly smile on her lips. "No Eath, I wasn't aware of my favorite actresses' new movie."

"Well, just in case you didn't see the trailer, it looks hilarious," I retorted as I crossed my arms over my chest and smirked.

Her eyes widened, excitement flashing in them. "I know, it looks so good!" she exclaimed.

"It looks much better than her last movie, I can tell you that," Will agreed as he pulled into the Charley's parking lot.

Abby rolled her eyes before turning back around. "I know that stupid Cook-Off movie sucked."

I snorted. "Oh, yeah. It looked good on the trailer, but the actual movie was garbage."

"Exactly. The advertisers always put the good parts in the trailers, but then the actual movie is complete crap," Will said as he flung his door open.

I got out of the car and closed the door behind me, then I huddled down further in my jacket and shoved my hands in my pockets. For some reason, it's been really fucking cold lately. It's been in the 60s all week, which is pretty normal for winter's here in Florida, but that's definitely way too cold for April.

I couldn't wait for summer to come. Hot every day, rain in the afternoons...it's my favorite season. And not because that's when school lets out... Okay, that may be part of it.

"Why is it so fucking cold? It was actually nice last weekend," I growled as a gust of cold air blew straight through my jacket and into my bones while we were walking up to the restaurant.

Abby opened the door, and the mouthwatering smells of hamburgers and onion rings filled my nose, making my stomach growl. "I don't know. It's weird," she responded.

"It feels pretty damn good to me," Will said with a smirk, obviously not the least bit cold in his t-shirt and sweats.

Abby rolled her eyes at him and remarked, "That's because you're the weirdo who likes when it's cold."