Through It All

Through It All

Part one

*Justin's POV*

"Kayden! Skylar! Settle down! You're mother will be home soon," I said running my hand through my thick hair as I sat in my office hearing the kids chasing each other around the enormous house.

"DADDY! DADDY!" My cutie of a two year old, about to be three, said as her feet made contact on the hardwood floors coming into my office.

I sat down a stack of papers I was looking at to give my attention to her. I push back my rollie chair and turned to the side so she could climb up onto my lap which happened to be one of her favorite things to do. "What's wrong my love?"

"Kay took me toy," she said with her best pouty face that resembled her mother pouty face to a tee.

I couldn't help but laugh at how adorable she was which only caused her to be more upset. "No funny daddy!" She said angrily.

"Okay okay," I laughed brushing her lengthy brunette hair behind her ear. "Kade get in here," I called. Knowing my son he was right around the corner waiting for me to call him because he knew it would happen sooner or later.

"Did you take your sisters toy?" I asked.

"But dad she wasn't playing with it," my 7 year old pride and joy told me honestly. He wasn't much for lying.

He was one of those kids who would go to school and come home and give us a play by play of exactly what went on that day in school. Who got in trouble and what exactly they did. He went very much by the rules. That's what he inherited from his mother, seeing he looked like a spitting image of my at his age.

"Sky is that true?" I asked turning my attention to her.

"Mine," she stated simply playing a flat palm against her chest.

I let out a sigh. "Skylar what have me and mommy told you about sharing?"

She let out a sigh this time resembling mine. Skylar looked just like her mother but acted exactly like I did. Which of course made her 20 times cuter in my book.

"When's mommy going to be home?" Kayden asked politely.

"She should be home any minute," I said looking at my watch. Much to my surprise it was much later than when she said she was going to be home.

I picked up my office phone and held it up to my face hearing the tone before typing in her phone number I had memorized my heart.

After 5 rings the soothing sound of her voice flowed into my ears. "Hey it's Aubrey, I can't get to the phone right now but leave your name and number and I'll get back to you."

 After the tone I left my message for her. "Aubs where are you? You said you'd be home an hour ago. I'm getting worried. Give me a call back when you get this. I love you."

"Dad can we watch one more tv before night night?" Kade asked as he begin to place the coloring crayons back into the box.

"I don't know kiddo. It's getting late," I said.

"Pwease?" Sky asked.

"Okay, fine. One more Arthur then it's bed time," I instructed. "But change into your pjs first okay?"

Kayden speed off to go get on his favorite pair of race car pjs while I went to go help Ms. Skylar put on her Tinker Bell ones.

Once the kids were all changed and cuddled under a big fluffy red blanket I hooked my iPad up to he Apple TV with Aubrey's nexflix account, turning on the next episode of Arthur available.

I used this time to do a little cleaning up in the kitchen so it wouldn't be so rough on Aubrey when she came home from running her errands.

I cleaned the dishes, putting them in the dishwasher and wiped down the table to get all the crumbs the kids had produced while eating their meal. Once that was all done I poured out the old water in the vase of flowers I had gotten Aubrey for valentines day less than a week ago, and replacing it with fresh water. They were 5 dozen white lotus, which happened to be her favorite flower.

Just as I was finishing up there was a knock on the door.

"Who could that be?" I whispered quietly drying off my hands as I walked over to the foyer turning on the porch light.

"Mr. Bieber?" One of the two police officers dressed in black asked causing me to become nervous.

"Yes?" I asked looking over to see the kids fast asleep on the sofa, cuddled up together.

"We are sorry to inform you, there's been some kind of incident by the bank," the other one spoke.

"Aubrey Bieber was found at scene, dead."