Chapter 44 - Sorrow

Chapter 44

George POV

I had to get her but there was one problem. I didn't know where she was and it's not like New York is a small city. I knew she had family living there, so I could ask her mom, but I knew that she wasn't going to tell me. Wait! Luke! He was pissed at me but I could try it.

"Elin can I talk to you?" I asked and she gave me a questioning look but nodded anyway. She followed me into the kitchen and gave me a questioning look when I turned towards her. "Okay so do you know where Luke lives?" I asked and she raised her eyebrow. "Yes? George what's going on?" She asked and I took a deep breath. "I found out where Jazz is and I need to go get her. She still loges me and I need to get her back, no matter what." I said and she seemed surprised. "Holy shit! New York? How do you know?" She asked and I bit my lip. "Well, I kind of used your phone to text her and she replied?" I admitted sheepishly and she glared at me. "That does make sense because of her family that lives there, but are you sure that it's a good idea? She left because she needed space." She said and I groaned. "I know! And yeah this probably isn't a great idea but I don't care. I need her back. If you were in my situation with Dylan, would you just let him go knowing there is still hope? Knowing that he still loves you?" She still had a doubtful look on her face but gave me the address anyway.

I immediately left after that and n;ot even 15 minutes later I arrived. I'm not going to lie, I was kind of scared. I mean I did hurt his little sister and caused her to not only be angry with me but also with everyone who lied for me. I got out of my car and made my way to the front door, hesitating before knocking. I waited for a moment until his soon-to-be-wife appeared in the doorway. I've seen her once before on a family dinner and she was stunning. But nothing could compare to Jazz. "Oh hi." She said and looked at me in confusion. "Euh I assume you are here for Luke." She said and I nodded to confirm her thoughts. "Well I'll go get him." She said and I saw the look of hesitation on her face but ignored it. When he saw me, he looked confused but that was immediately replaced by anger. "What the fuck are you doing here." He growled and I sighed. "I know you hate me but please, listen to me." I said but before I could continue he grabbed me by the collar and slammed me against the wall. "Why the fuck should I listen to you? Huh? My sister won't talk to me because you were a coward and made all of us keep your secret too so why should I do what you say now?!" He screamed and tightened his grip. "Luke back off!" Lauren screamed and he gave a dead glare but did as told. "I'm sorry okay! I know I should have told her but do you have any idea how hard it was?! I love her. I really do love her and I have to get her back. She's in New York and I need to know the address of your family." I said and his jaw clenched. "I despise you George. At this moment I want to ruin your face for breaking my sisters heart but I won't. She loves you so much. I've never seen her like this before so as much as I don't want to have to do anything with you right now, I'm going to give you the address. But I swear Shelley, don't screw this up or I'll kill you." He said and my breath hitched. I didn't expect him to actually help me.

"Now I have to look for it so you go pack your bags and look for a flight and I'll text you the address when I find it." He said and I nodded, sprinting towards my car and driving of.

°

The flight was exhausting and long but it didn't bother me that much. I was finally in New York to get the girl of my dreams back. It was't that hard to get a hold of a cab. I gave him the address and waited anxiously for him to arrive at the apartment building. Once he did though, I was kind of scared to get out of the car. "Mate, are you going to get out or what?" The man asked with a terrible thick accent and I nodded while handing him the money and left.l

I took a look at my phone to see if this was really the right address and after that made my way upstairs. I'm not used to taking the lift anymore, all thanks to Jazz. In a matter of seconds, I reached the door and sighed before knocking 3 times. This was it.

Jazz POV

"I don't think they're supposed to look like that." Jake said and Sarah groaned. "Well you could have helped us instead of just sitting there and watching us." She said and I giggled. It was hilarious to see them bickering. We were bored and decided to make some cookies but let's just say they didn't look like cookies at all. "Let's just watch a movie and eat chips." Jake said and we both nodded. It seems like that's the only thing we've been doing. 

The movie had just started when a knock on the door interrupted us. They both looked at me expectantly and I sighed but got up. What I didn't expect was to find George standing there with a nervous look on his face.  "Jazz..." He breathed and I was about to slam the door shut before he spoke up. "Please don't close the door. I need to talk to you. Please." The last part came out as a whimper and I took a deep breath to clear my head but decided to once again give in. 

"Guys I'm going out for a while!" I screamed and closed the door behind me not saying a word to George. "Where are we going?" He asked as we made our way towards the lift. He gave me a confused look but I ignored it. Taking a lift was killing me but it was faster than the stairs and I the less time I spent with George, the better. "The roof." I replied and with that we were both silent. 

The tension, once we reached the roof, was immeasurable and as much as I was planning on keeping silent, I couldn't hold it anymore. "What are you doing here George?" I sighed and he bit is lip. "I need you Jazz." His voice cracked. "George..." I started but he cut me off. "No please let me finish! I need you, I need you more than anything and I can't live without you! I love you so much and I know you love me too, no matter how many times you tell me you don't anymore. I'm not asking you to forgive me or to move on but I'm asking you for at least a chance to make it up. To show you how truly sorry am and how much I love you. I absolutely hate myself for what I did to you but I can't turn back time Jazz. No matter how much I want. Our love is so strong and we've been through so much so I know we can get through this too. Just please give me and chance. I love you so much." He said with tears streaming down his face and I have to admit, I had the urge to cry too. 

"I love you too George, I really do. But there's something I need to tell you, and you might not take it very well."