Chapter 41 - Our Break Up Song

POV George

"Where is she?" I stepped inside Dylan's house. "I know you're angry, mate, but don't blame her." He said. "You think I'm angry? I'm furious, Dylan. So I'll ask again. Where is Elin?" I looked in his eyes. "Kitchen." He said through his teeth.

"if you're here anyway, can you please hand me the sugar, babe." Elin said. "Not Dylan." And she turned around, slowly. "George...I'm so sorry." But when I saw her face all my anger faded away. I didn't even yell at her or looked mad for the matter. I couldn't blame her, she didn't do anything wrong, the only person to blame right now was myself. So instead, I hugged her. "Sorry" she said in my chest, hugging me back. "I don't know what to do." Was all I could say. "Am I interrupting?" I heard Dylan's voice. "No, I mean, you're girl. Euhm, sorry." I stutter. "I was joking." He laughed and gave me a pat on the shoulder. "Yeah." I said, rather lost in my own world. "George, why haven't you talked to her yet?" Elin asked. "I keep calling her but she ignores my calls and I can't find her." "What do you mean?" She looked confused. "She left our apartment, she isn't with Toni, I know she is not at your place cause I was there about 10 minutes ago but nobody was home obviously, so I came here. Plus, I called every hotel in the neighbourhood asking after Jazz, but she isn't booked in any of those." I rambled "Hmm, weird. And you're sure she can't be anywhere else?" She was thinking. "That's why I came here, to see you. Have you any idea where she might be?"  She kept quiet, but after a while she spoke up. "I know something, c'mon."

"Where are you taking me?" I said. "God you are so impatient, how can anybody hold up with you?" She smiled. "You kind of just deal with it." She looked at me and just shook her head.
"We're here." And then I saw it. It was a big house. It was modern but at the same time it had something old. It was near a lake and the garden was so big.

"I've only seen it in the picture that she kept in her wallet." I told Elin and she smiled. Jazz always told me it reminded her of home. I never imagined it was kind of home. I never even thought she'd been to the place in the picture. I was just so magical.
"It know it's a lot to take in, believe me when you are 8, it's like you've entered heaven, but you and I got better things to do right now." And she walked the other way. "Hey, where are you going?" I asked. "Oh boy, you thought I was going with you? You're a big guy, you can do this. I'll be around when you need me." And she walked away. I think I've never been so nervous before. I walked the stairs to the front door. I gathered up my courage and knocked on the door. I knocked twice and I was about to leave when someone opened the door. "George." Mrs. Wright stood right in front of me. "What are you doing here?" She asked confused. "Well, I came to apologize. Is Jazz here?" I asked. "Well, uuuhmm, she...actually no." She looked inside and then back at me. "Oh okay, can you tell her I stepped by?" "We'll do. Bye George." She said. "Bye Mrs. Wright." But what I didn't know was that Jazz was standing there, right behind the door.

I need to come up with a plan. Soon. And it must be a good one. I need to win her heart back.

POV Jazz

"You are sure this was the right thing to do?" My mum asked. "Pretty sure, mum, thanks by the way." I went back upstairs. "No problem." I heard her say.
In the couple of days, I think I've read all sad, romantic stories there could be. From The Great Gatsby to The Fault In Our Stars. And I've cried, a lot.
I sat back on my bed and my phone rang. I saw the picture of George. It was a picture of him when we were in LA, the time we went out for coffee. I have never changed the picture since then because it would remind me how I met him. It seemed such a long time ago, we were in a good place then. A lot has happened and that scares me a little. After hearing his voice just a few seconds ago I thought it wouldn't hurt to hear it again. So after all his previous calls, I picked up this time. "Hello? Jazzmyn?" My heart fluttered a little by hearing his voice saying my full name. I couldn't bring myself to speak, so I let him. "I know you're there. Jazz, can you for one last time, listen to me? Please turn around." And before I could start to speak he hung up. What did he mean by turning around, it's not like he- oh god. I turned around. And yes, there he was. standing right in front of me, after all this time, on my balcony. I walked slowly towards the door and opened it. Now I saw he had his guitar with him. And right when I closed the door, he started to sing.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
When sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

The song was over. He was shaking, so I spoke up. "I really loved the song." I said. "You did?" George said surprised. "Yeah. But George-" "I know Jazzmyn, I was really stupid, and I'm really sorry." He said. "I know you are George. But an excuse and a really good song that made my heart melt for a while are not going to make up for everything you did." I almost screamed. "Jazzmyn, I know, but I am truly sorry, I did something really stupid, I know." His eyes teared up. "But I still love you." George said. "Well I don't, so can you please go off my balcony." I lied, but I had to.

A/N

MERRY CHRISTMAS, LOVERS!

So are you still feeling the Jazz-George spirit?
Let us know in teh comments!

We still love you,

XOXO

Kiala & Elin

SONG: The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

READ OUR STORIES

COMMENT

ENJOY