Chapter 42 - Family

Chapter 42

I know I shouldn't have lied to him but I wasn't going to take him back and I knew that this was the only way it would get to him. I hate the fact that he cheated on me but honestly, I'm over that. What keeps me from going back to him is that he kept something so big from me and made everyone I knew, lie to me too. I couldn't trust him anymore. "You're lying. You can't... you still love me! You have to." He screamed and his voice cracked. "Honestly George, I don't. What you did made me realize that what we had wasn't real it was just an illusion, too good to be true. I got over it and you should do too so please leave." I said and surprisingly stayed strong. "Jazz please." He sobbed and I gave him a sad smile. "Goodbye George." And with that I closed the balcony door and the curtains. I immediately fell down on my bed and broke down in tears. Doing what I just did hurt me more than anything but it had to be done.

"Jazz? Are you okay?" My mom asked and I suppressed a sob. "Yes I'm fine mom." I choked out and she sighed. "What happened?" She sat down next to me and started rubbing my back. "Nothing mom. He came to apologize but I can't forgive him mom!" I screeched and she sighed. "I understand darling. I didn't expect you to." She said and I tried to calm down.

"I need to get away mom. I can't stay here." I said and my mom looked surprised. "What do you mean? You can't run away from your problems darling." My mom said and I groaned. "I am not planning on doing so! But I have to clear my head and I can't do that here. I need to talk to someone who-no offence-isn't my mom." My mom had a doubtful look for a moment before she nodded. "Okay, I understand but where are you planning on going?" She asked and I shrugged. "I was thinking about going to aunt Riley." Her eyes widened for a moment before she took a deep breath and sighed. "I'll go call her."

So yeah that's how I ended up here on the airplane ready to go to New York. I know that all of this may seem a little drastic but so many things are going on right now, things that only my mom knows about, and I need to clear my head before I can go on and talk to everyone. I just couldn't stand being around people who lied to me.

I absolutely loved my aunt Riley. We used to visit her often since my dad used to live in New York and left everything, including his family, to come to London with my mom. I haven't been in New York for a while though. Actually, I haven't been here since my dad died, so yeah I really did miss it.

"Miss, could you please put on your seat belt? We're about to land." The flight attendance spoke up and I gave her a weak smile and nod in return. I quickly buckled my seat belt and put my music off.

The flight was awful because I felt sick the whole time. So you could say I was glad we landed.

I went to get my luggage and saw that Riley was waiting for me with her son and daughter and the moment she saw me, she immediately ran towards me. "Oh my Jazmyn! It's been so long!" She screeched and I chuckled. "Hey aunt Riley! Wow you have changed a lot." I said and she smiled. "The same goes for you! Look at you! All grown up! It feels like it was yesterday when you were walking around in you diapers." She joked and for the first time since I found out about George, I let out a real laugh.

"Hey girl." Sarah, Riley's daughter, said and gave me tight hug as did Jake. Over the years I kept in contact with both of them and even if it's been a long time since I've seen them, we still had a nice bond.

The ride to there apartment wasn't long and the chatter in the car almost made me forget why I came here. Almost. Once we arrived, Jake carried my bags inside while Sarah showed me my room.

"Now, Jazz. You have some explaining to do, don't you?" She said and I groaned. This was what I had been dreading since I came here.

A/N

I know it's short but hey it's something! And Happy New Year from here in Belgium!