Chapter 52

Author's notes:
Hello again, and welcome to the next installment of The Secret Prince. I don't really have anything to say so let's just get to the point.
If you like my work vote, please leave comments, and share this story with your friends. I now present to you chapter 52, enjoy.

Serena was running through the forest, determined to find Ash. The bitter cold would sting her face when the wind would blow, but she ignored it. The longer she ran without seeing Ash the more she would worry. She knew he was strong, but he was out all night without any shelter or food, only the clothes on his back.

But as her worry for Ash grew, she saw him through the trees, sitting on a fallen log. Serena immediately started running towards him as relief for his safety filled her heart.

"Ash," Serena said happily as she stood before him.

Ash looked up with a confused expression, but then looked back down at the ground.

"Ash I know your hurting. I doubt it's from the loss, your better than that. It's something more that the loss just triggered," said Serena, trying to get Ash to speak.

But he didn't, he just sat there quietly without looking at her.

"No Ash. You don't get to just sit there alone. I'm going to be your wife, what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours. Which means your pain is my pain too. So talk to me and let me help," Serena pleaded.

Ash didn't speak, but instead looked to his right and brushed the snow off the log for Serena to sit. Serena smiled and sat down beside him. Despite it not being words, it was a start.

They sat there in what Serena felt like was an uncomfortable silence. Serena was about to say something, but Ash spoke first.

"Yesterday was three years," Ash started. "Three years since my mom died."

Serena gasped. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know," said Serena as she quickly brought Ash into a hug.

Serena now felt that she understood why Ash lost, he lost focus because it was the anniversary of his mother's death. The most traumatic event in his life. Little did Serena know, the issue went deeper than that.

"You know it figures. The one day I wanted to win over any other, and I fell short," Ash said in a depressed tone.

"Ash you can't think like that," said Serena as she put her hands on Ash's  shoulders and made him face her. "I know I never had the opportunity to meet your mom, but from what you tell me I know she must have been proud of you."

Ash scoffed. "How could she have been truly proud of a failure like me? She would say it, but how could it be true? How could it be true when it's so clear the apple did fall far from the tree here?"

"What do you mean?" Serena asked, both confused and shocked by Ash's behavior.

Ash then pulled an open letter from his pocket and handed it to Serena. Serena pulled the letter from the envelope and began to read.

"I'll save you some time and just give you the cliff notes. That's a letter my mom wrote for me incase she ever died. It basically says how proud she was of me for following my dream and never giving up. Then she finally tells me who my father was," Ash explains.

Serena had been quickly reading the letter and listening to Ash at the same time. At this point she got to where his father was mentioned.

"Red," Serena said sounding confused.

Serena was truly confused. She never heard of Red before, so she didn't know anything about why this bothered Ash so much. Ash noticed this and wasn't suprised, as there was no reason why she would be expected to know about him.