Chapter 40

Authors notes:
Hello and welcome to the latest installment of The Secret Prince. I don't really have much to say, so if you like my work please vote, please comment, and share this story with your friends. I now present to you chapter 40, enjoy.

"Squishy." "Squishy, where are you?" Yelled everyone, but none louder than Bonnie. Since exiting Terminus Cave the gang split up into two groups and started searching for Squishy in the surrounding forest. Bonnie wanted to split the group up more, but the rest of the gang agreed that it was too dangerous with the chance that team flare could still be in the area. "Luxray, Lucario, do you guys see Squishy anywhere," Bonnie asked. The two Pokemon shook their heads sadly. "Don't worry Bonnie, we'll find him. And don't forget, Ash and Serena might have had some luck," Korrina said trying to make Bonnie feel better. Just then they heard a bush behind then rustling. Luxray and Lucario jumped in between their trainers and the bush, and took a battle stance, ready to fight if it was team flare. They soon saw it wasn't, as Ash and Serena emerged from the bush. The Pokemon calmed down as Bonnie ran up to them with her eyes full of hope, "please tell me you found Squishy." Ash and Serena gave sad lookes that told Bonnie all she needed to know. "Ash isn't there some aura way to look for Squishy? I've been trying what you taught me, but it's not helping," Bonnie asked. "I'm sorry Bonnie, but that's the only way with aura. I've been trying too, but I can't seem to find him either. It's possible Squishy is too far away," explained Ash. "Bonnie," Bonnie turned to Clemont. "It's getting dark, I think it's best to call off the search for the night and make camp." "But what about Squishy. He's out there somewhere," Bonnie pleaded. "Clemont's right we need to make camp before it gets too dark. We can pick up the search again in the morning," said Korrina with a soft caring voice. Bonnie looked down and nodded, accepting the decision.

The gang found an area open enough and made camp quickly. Clemont worked on dinner while Ash, Serena, and Korrina set up the tents. Bonnie just sat on a log with a worried look on her face, so Ash and Serena built her tent for her. The gang was sitting around the camp fire eating dinner, well everyone but Bonnie was eating. Normally Bonnie would try to eat her food quickly before Dedenne would try and eat it, but now she just stared blankly at her food, not yet taking a bite. Her mind was a nightmare as she worried about Squishy and what might happen to him if team flare found him first. "Bonnie, you need to eat so you can keep your strength up," said Ash. Bonnie didn't answer, Ash tried again this time using his Aura, but still no answer. Now Ash knew she was ignoring him. But before Ash could dig deeper his attention was drawn by Clemont. "Ash." "Yeah Clemont," Ash responded as he turned his head to look at Clemont. "It's obvious team flare knows more about Squishy than we do. I know you promised Squishy that you would keep his identity a secret, but if we are going to protect him after we find him again, we need to know who he is." Ash sighed, "you're right you do need to know, and if it wasn't for the promise Squishy made me make I would have told you sooner." All eyes were on Ash now awaiting what he was going to say next. "Squishy's true identity, is Zygrade," Ash said calmly. Clemont and Korrina's eyes looked as if they were about to pop out of their heads. "Zygrade? I've never heard of that Pokemon, is it native to Kalos," asked Serena. "I'm not suprised you've never heard of Zygrade. He's a very powerful legendary Pokemon in Kalos, but almost never seen," Clemont explained as his hands shook. Serena noticed this, she also saw that Korrina looked scared, "Clemont, Korrina, are you two ok?" "As gym leaders we have to know about all the Pokemon native to the region, especially the legendary ones. So we have an idea of how powerful Zygrade is. The fact that somebody is after him and almost did catch him, is just terrifying," said Korrina, fear evident in her voice. "That's why we should be out there looking for him," Bonnie said louder than normal, this brought all attention to her. "What if they are hunting him right now, what if they caught him," Bonnie continued. "We know Bonnie, but it's not safe for us to go out in the dark looking, and if we don't rest and we run into team flare again we won't be in any shape to put up a good fight," said Ash. "Well then the rest of us have nothing to worry about as long as your rested," Bonnie said sarcastically. "What's that supposed to mean," Ash asked, confused by Bonnie's statment. "We've heard enough of your stories from your travels and seen you rush into danger first hand, you're addicted to being a hero," Bonnie said with an annoyed tone. "Bonnie, what's gotten into you, why are you talking like this," said Clemont, as he and everyone else was shocked by her behavior. "What's gotten into me is that it's all Ash's fault Squishy is missing. If he had just let me help, Squishy might not have run away," Bonnie yelled angrily while glaring at Ash. "Bonnie," Clemont said in shock. He was about to say more, but Ash put his hand up signaling him not to. "So you think it's my fault, and if I had let you help things would have turned out better," Ash asked as he gave Bonnie serious look. Bonnie only nodded. "Fine, but answer me this. Are you prepared to take a life," Ash asked, not breaking eye contact with Bonnie. Everyone's eyes widened and stared at Ash in shock at what he just said. "What," Bonnie asked, her tone drastically changed from before. "I asked are you prepared to take a life," Ash repeated. "No, of course not." "Well you fooled me. That aura sphere you threw was strong enough to kill someone," Ash said calmly. Bonnie looked at Ash in horror upon learning this, confirming what Ash already knew. "That's why I stopped you and didn't let you help, you couldn't control how much aura you were pulling from the spring. Maybe if I let you help Squishy might not have run, but at the same time you would have to live with the fact that you killed someone for the rest of your life. You're too good a person to have to ever go through that," Ash explained in a more caring tone. Bonnie lowered her head causing her too look at the ground. She had never thought once about the chance of killing someone, and now realizing this she felt horrible about the things she said. "Ash, I..I'm sorry," Bonnie said as she sobbed. "I just miss Squishy so much. I promised I would take care of him and protect him," Bonnie sobbed as she raised her head, causing her to look at Ash as the tears poured from her eyes. Ash stood up, walked to Bonnie, got down on one knee, and gave Bonnie a comforting hug. "It's ok Bonnie, I know you didn't mean it," said Ash as he felt tears come to his eyes, as did everyone else.