Chapter 43

Authors Notes:
This is now my longest chapter, at over 6K words before my notes. And to think, there was more I wanted to add, but chose not to.

I do have something more to say, however today it will be at the end of this chapter, so please do read it. For now, if you like my work please vote, feel free to comment, and please share this story with your friends. I now present to you chapter 43. Enjoy.

"It's got to be around here somewhere," Serena thought out loud.

The gang and Paul were currently looking for Monsieur Pierre's home for the party. Along the short detour Paul had actually been helpful, he had helped with cleaning dishes after meals, gathering firewood, and getting water. This behavior, although different from what Ash expected, wasn't very surprising to him. The morning before they left, Ash woke up for his usual training routine and found Paul was already up, starting his routine with his Pokemon. Ash kept out of sight at first and listened as he talked to his pokemon, which was actually respectful as he explained to them what they were going to be working on. After Ash decided to make his presence known they each took one of the battle fields beside one another and trained. As Ash trained he listened and watched how Paul trained his Pokemon to see if he really changed. Paul's training was intense, and he pushed them past their breaking points. But when they couldn't keep up anymore, he didn't get angry or call them pathetic or worthless. Instead he encouraged them, telling them that they improved, that they would keep working to get better, and that he was proud of them. Then he would help them off the battle field to where they could rest and watch the others train. When Ash saw this he smiled, as he was happy Paul had changed for the better. Ash then refocused training his Pokemon.

"There it is," said Korrina as she pointed to a castle.

"This guy actually owns a castle for a home," Paul said with a deadpan expression.

"I think its owned by the performance showcase board and they let him live here," explained Serena.

They soon arrived at the entrance, which included an actual draw bridge. In front of them were over a dozen performers, many Serena had met before.

"Nice to see you made it," said a voice from behind.

Everyone turned around to see none other than Miette.

"Hello everyone," Miette said.

Just then Bonnie's eyes sparkled as she ran forward to Miette, "your a keeper." Bonnie then got down on one knee, as Clemont and Korrina looked on in horror as they thought they knew what was coming next. "Please take care of Paul," Bonnie finished.

"BONNIE I'VE TOLD YOU...," Clemont stopped and looked back at the purple haired trainer, as did everyone else, "wait, Paul?"

Paul had a shocked and confused look on his face as he tried to process what just happened.

"Take care of, Paul?" Miette asked sounding confused.

"Paul is Ash's friend from Sinnoh. He's a really strong trainer like Ash. He might seem really rough on the outside, but on the inside I can tell he's just wanting a good girl to love him," said Bonnie.

While Bonnie is saying all this Paul looks like he's about to lose it, at the same time Ash is doing his best not to bust out laughing. Paul now very quickly walked up to Bonnie, picked her up by the back of her shirt, and faced her towards him.

"What makes you think I need or even want your help with my love life," Paul said as he struggled not to yell.

"Well you might not want any help, but maybe you could help me with something," said Miette.