KEITH X READER

~Smut Level: 2~
|COUNT DOWN|

In the silence, all you could hear was your breathing and the ominous tick of a timer.

"(Y/N)? What's your location?" Pidge asked over the coms.

"Don't worry about me. You guys just get out of here, okay?"

"What are you talking about? Where are you?"

You looked down at the purple, metal box and mess of wires that were tied to your chest. The Galra had caught you and were now using you as bait, but in exactly three minutes and 20 seconds your body would be obliterated along with the ship you were on.

"Just go!" You yelled, but your voice broke at the end as hot tears rolled down your cheeks.

"I've locked in on her location. I can get there in less than 30 seconds." Keith spoke.

You looked down at the timer on your chest. Two minutes and 44 seconds left.

"Keith, don't!"

He didn't answer and you watched the clock until the door burst open.

One minute and 17 seconds.

Your crying turned into panic. "Keith, go! You need to go! There's no time!"

The look on the black paladins face was one of both shock and terror as he realized what was happening.

"Pidge! You need to walk me through how to disarm a bomb!"

"Why? What's going on?"

Keith dropped to his knees beside you. "We don't have time for questions! Just tell me how to defuse a bomb!"

"It's more complicated then that, Keith! Is it an IED? Chemical bomb? Is it triggered by trip wire or timer? Not only that but if it's Galra tech then I-"

"It's got a timer and it's strapped to (Y/N)'s chest! Is that enough info to hurry this up?"

You looked down at the timer.

Thirty-six seconds.

"Keith-"

"(Y/N), don't talk! We have to get you out of here!"

"Keith, you have to find the wire that connects the timer to the bomb! It won't defuse it, but it'll keep it from going off until I can get there!"

Keith hesitantly reached out and moved some of the wires, trying to see which one connected the timer to the bomb.

"Just go, Keith! Voltron can't lose another leader!"

"And I cant lose you, so shut up and let me save you!"

Twenty-four seconds.

"Pidge there's two connecting the timer to the bomb!"

"Okay- uh- in that case you need to defuse it! That or you need to cut both wires at the exact same time!"

Keith pulled his Marmora knife out of it's sheath and handed it to you before taking out his bayard.

"(Y/N), I know you're scared, but I need you to take a deep breath and focus."

You nodded.

"Okay, what we're gonna do is cut the wires together."

Lifting your head as best you could without moving your body, you looked down at the two wires connecting the timer to the bomb.

Keith placed his bayard against the one and guided your hand with the Marmora blade to the other.

Twelve seconds.

"On the count of three-"

You reached out with your other hand and gripped Keith's arm for support.

"One."

Five seconds.

"Two."

Four seconds.

"Three!"

You squeezed your eyes shut and sliced the knife against the wire.

Silence filled the room. All that could be heard was your breathing and Keith's.

"Keith? (Y/N)?"

"We're okay, Pidge." Keith said. "Just get here as fast as you can and disarm this thing."

Keith dropped his bayard to the ground and fell backwards so that he was laying next to you.

"Thank you." You said.

"You don't have to act all strong. I know that you must still be scared."

Tears flooded over your cheeks and you covered your eyes with your arm. "I thought I was gonna die, Keith."

Keith reached over and held your hand. "I know, but you're safe now. I'll never let anything like that happen to you again."

The door to the room burst open and the other paladins rushed in.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay!?" Hunk cried.

"I am now. Could you guys just get this thing off of me?"

Pidge sat beside you and plugged her computer into the bomb. She tapped on her keyboard for a few minutes before disconnecting it and slowly removing the bomb from your chest.

As soon as you were free, you jumped up and hugged Keith.

"Thank you." You mumbled into his shoulder.

His arms wrapped around you and he squeezed tight. "You're welcome."

Allura stepped forward and touched your shoulder. "All right you two, let's get back home. I'm sure (Y/N) wants to get as far away from this place as possible."

You pulled away and wiped your nose on your sleeve. "Yeah. Let's go home."

_________________________________________________

I tried to write more of an angsty story but I feel like it was kinda bleh.

Word Count: 804