SHIRO X READER #1

~Smut Level: 3~
|FUTURE #1|

"Don't be you, okay?" You said, gripping your boyfriend tight.

He chuckled and you listened as the sound vibrated through his chest. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Don't be the hero like you always are. I want you to come home in one piece."

Shiro took your chin between his fingers and tilted it up so you had to meet his gaze. "I'll do everything I can to come home to you-" Shiro reached into his uniform pocket and pulled out a small box, "-and when I get back we'll really be together."

He opened the box to reveal a ring, and you could feel hot tears build up in the corner of your eyes.

A siren echoed off the walls, summoning the Kerberos crew to board.

"I'll see you soon, okay?" Shiro said, kissing you deeply.

You nodded and watched as he made his way towards the boarding station.

Your new fiancés crew mate hugged a young girl in a pink dress, and as he walked away you could see her frown grow larger.

Walking over to her, you introduced yourself. "Hi, I'm (Y/N). Was that your brother?"

The girl nodded.

"My fiancé's on this mission too, I know exactly how you feel."

Unexpectedly, the girl wrapped her arms around your waist and buried her face in your shirt. You didn't push her away, but instead laid your hands on her back.

You looked around the station and saw a dark head of hair pop out from around a corner to watch the take off.

"Keith." You called.

The dark boy slowly walked over to your side, and without saying anything the three of you watched as the Kerberos crew took off.

~ ~ ~

"Katie, you can't just break into Garrison files!" You spoke sternly. "You're lucky I'm the one who caught you and not someone else!"

Katie ripped her arm out of your grip and spun around to glare at you. "Out of anyone you should know why I'm doing this! There's something fishy about the Kerberos mission!"

Your chest began to ache and you started to spin your ring around on your finger.

"Go home, Katie."

"Fine. If you won't help me, Keith will!" Shooting you a glare, Katie stormed off down the hall.

Sighing, you leaned back against the wall. The Kerberos mission was labeled a tragic accident, an awful miscalculation, human error, and most said the crew was missing and others presumed they were dead.

Katie and Keith refused to accept reality, and at first you had too. For weeks you tried to hack into closed Garrison files, but you just didn't have the same level of knowledge when it came to technology as Katie did. Eventually you came to accept what happened. You accepted that the Kerberos mission was a failure, you accepted that the crew was missing, but you were still trying to accept the fact that you might not see your fiancé ever again.

Deciding not to wallow in self pity, you smoothed out the front of your uniform and made your way down the hall towards your classroom.

~ ~ ~

"Garrison students Lance McClain, Hunk Garret, Pidge Holt and former student Keith Kogane have all been reported missing-"