Twenty One

Third person

Chanyeol was playing around on his phone after deciding he couldnt sleep even when he said night to Baekhyun. He was more than frustrated, he just wanted to know what was on Baelkhyuns mind, he wanted to help. But as always it backfired and the two got angry at each other. Chanyeol knew he couldnt control his feelings at times, he was the worst for it, he got angry easily. He hated that he took it out on Baekhyun.

but did Baekhyun really not trust him?

does Baekhyun think he doesnt want to make this relationship last? does he think he wong be able to make it last?

Chanyeol sighed to himself and rubbed his eyes with one hand as he held his phone in the other. The brightness was so bright and it was so late, the mixture made Chanyeols eyes hurt.

he checked the time

3:46am

it had been four hours since he last messaged Baekhyun. The boy never sent anything back.

Chanyeol was about to put his phone down and force himself to sleep when he heard a faint knocking, as though it was coming from downstairs.

He sat up in his bed and looked around his unlit room just incase he was going crazy. Chanyeol frowned as it grew silent again.

But then he heard it again. It was downstairs.

Chanyeol swung his legs out from underneathhis covers and slippedhis feet into his slippers before slowly making his way downstairs. He didnt switch on the lights just incase it was a burglar and grabbed the first umbrella he saw propped up against the wall next to his front door.

He waited for the sound to come again, one last time to make sure he wasnt going crazy.

He waited. No knocking.

am i going crazy? he asked himself.

But suddenly the rattling sound of someone trying to open the window broke the silence and startled Chanyeol, almost making him fall on his back.

he gripped the umbrella tightly and swallowed hard, waiting for the culprit to come through.

The window finallg flew open and a body fell through, making a loud thump and an "ow!"

Chanyeol squinted, examining the person the best he could in such dim light.

As the person began mumbling to himself, cursing about how his butt hurt after tbe fall, Chanyeol dashed for the light switch. The whole room illuminated, showing the culprit on Chanyeols living room floor.

"Baekhyun?"

the smaller froze on the floor and turned around to meet with Chanyeols hard stare.

"oh h-hi" Baekhyun forced a laugh. "nice to see you again"

***

Baekhyun's POV

"oh h-hi" i said. "its nice to see you again"

At that moment, it was hard to tell whether Chanyeol was about to launch tbe umbrella at more or maybe just chuck me out. I waa terrified of both.

I inwardly swallowed as i waited for Chanyeol to say something, anything. It was getting painful to watch him staring at me like that, it made me feel even more guilty than before.

Maybe he's giving me the silent treatment until I leave.

Just as I realise I'm still on the floor, Chanyeol charged for me and it's then I think this is where I die, goodbye Chen, my mother my–