Eight

Jongdae's POV

Okay so this was probably a stupid idea but since Baekhyun was out on some date with this hot dude, I decided to knock on the next apartment door along from me. And before you say anything— there is a reason why I did it. I  was originally sat on my sofa stuffing my face with unhealthy food while watching some crappy drama. I kinda got bored of what I was watching after a while and bored of being alone. That's when I remembered the guy who had came over earlier and used our phone.

I mean the poor guy had met them in an odd way—he almost looked on the verge of tears after that phonecall  so i simply thought it would be nice to talk with xiumin (was it?) and get to know each other since we did live next door from each other after all!

I even thought maybe I could help cheer the guy up if he still felt sad from whatever the phonecall was about.

So there I was knocking on the door next to mine and waiting patiently for him to answer.

It took a moment before the door unlocked and was pulled open. The same boy we saw before was standing in front of me with pyjama shorts on and an oversized hoodie. He looked surprised to see me.

"Hey!" I said with a bright smile.

"O-oh err—hi.." he replied back. He looked past me and down the hall before meeting my eyes again. "So–ugh–what are you doing here?"

"Well, I was wondering whether you'd like to come chill with me for a bit. Because, you know, I'm actually really bored. Baek's gone out on a date or something I dunno but it's just lonely on my own sooo...."

"I don't know.. I mean I was doing stuff..." xiumin looked back into his apartment and I try and take a look too to see what exactly he was focusing on.
But he turns back sooner than I expected.

"Oh okay. No that's fine, I'll just like.. go away then" I laughed and scratched my nape. I didn't know why suddenly I sounded so awkward. "Well I'll see you around. Whenever. Bye!"

Just as I reach round to open my own door xiumin calls me back.

"Wait"

"Hmm?"

"I can come round for a bit I guess. It wasn't much important."