Nineteen

Baekhyun's POV

I poked at the breakfast he made me, I felt bad for not eating much but there was too much on my mind.

"Are you not feeling well?" Chanyeol asked with a laugh. "You normally eat loads"

I forced a laugh.

"You would have also attacked me then" Chanyeol added. "Baek whats up?"

"Nothing" I said. "I might just go home for a bit"

Chanyeols face dropped as he stopped eating. "Oh" he paused for a while until he continued.  "Are you sure? I had a few things planned for us today"

I tried to give him an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry. Some other time."

"Oh" he repeated.

I took this time to stand up and leave from the table before it got to awkward to stay around any longer. I collected all my stuff that I left lying around yesterday, while feeling Chnayeols gaze into the side of my head.

"Are you going now?" He asked.

"Yeah. Chen might be wondering where I am"

"I called him last night to tell him you were with me"

I opened my mouth to say something only to close it again.

Chanyeol spun off his chair and walked towards me, putting his arms around my waist. "Can't you stay a little longer?"

I could.

I shook my head after a moment of hesitating. "There's things I gotta do at home" I quickly said and wriggled out of his grip, heading for the door.

But I won't.

I felt guilty, I did. But my brain wouldn't let me think if I didn't solve the mystery. I really didn't know why I was being so paranoid, we had only started dating yesterday.

I slip my feet into my shoes that were ready at the door. Turning back to Chanyeol one last time, who was still standing where I left him, staring at me as though he was trying to hide his disappointment, I wave with a small smile.

Chanyeol didn't wave back. He just scratched the back of his before giving a curt nod.

Well done Baekhyun. Look what you've done.

With that I opened the door and walked out, closing it behind me. I slowly walked down his drive way, completely forgetting that I didn't have a ride home.

Great I'm going to have to walk home.

With a sigh, I try one last thing and pull out my phone. I go to my contacts and press Chen's name.

It rings for a minute before he picks up.
"Chen?"

"Hey Byun whats up? Still at Chanyeols?" He said with a certain tone that made me imagine him smirking.

"Actually.." I started, looking back to the windows of Chanyeols house, just Incase the taller was looking out. He wasn't. "Can you pick me up?"

"What?" Chen said. "Did something happen between you guys? Can't he drive you home?"

"God you ask too many questions.." I mumbled trailing off. "Can you just pick me up please? I just want to get home"

There was a pause before Chen spoke again. "Fine, I'm coming. Where are you?"

"Chanyeols house. I'll send you the details."

Chen sighed. "You should be happy, I was in the middle of something. Right, just stay there I'll be there soon." The boy hung up.

While I waited, i sat on the pavement outside Chanyeols house, scrolling through my phone for anything to entertain me.

Chansent you a message.

Baekhyun clicked the notification at the top of the screen, his phone taking him to his messages.

Chan
I could have drove you home.

I glanced back to his house again and caught the sight of Chanyeol walking away from the window. I frown and turn back to my phone.

Me
It's fine. Chen is coming to pick me up.

Chan
you've been sat on my drive for twenty minutes.

Me
That's not his fault it's a long drive here.

Chan
whats wrong?

Me
I told you it's nothing.
I just don't feel well

Chan
You looked fine earlier

I huffed and switched off my phone, bringing up my legs to my chest. After a few more minutes of waiting, a car pulled up in front of me. That wasn't my car.

The window opened and Chen was there smiling at me.

I got up to my feet, confused as to who's car this was and why Chen was in the passenger seat. I peered inside and saw our neighbour in the drivers seat waving back at me.

"Xiumin?" I said.

"Hey" He replied shyly.

I looked to Chen for explanation. "I said I was in the middle of something." He shrugged. "Minnie said he could give us a lift"

Minnie huh?

"Okay" I said and got in the back of the car. "Thanks for the ride"

"No problem" xiumin smiles through the mirror and started the car.

As we pulled away, I give Chanyeols house one last look. To my disappointment, Chanyeol wasn't in sight.

***

When I got to our apartment, I went straight to my room and closed the door. I pulled out the piece of paper and my phone, staring at the two before I finally decided to just do it.

It won't hurt to find out, I told myself.

But then the other side of me was telling me to stop being paranoid and call Chanyeol up to apologise to him.

I sigh one last time before I type the phone number into the dial and hold up the phone to my ear.

It rings go on for a while until, the person picks up.

"Hello?" A girl says.

***

Hoohohohohohoho quick update

There will be another one sooon  hhh bai