Thirteen

Baekhyun's POV

"Cheeeers!" the small group said in unison and raised their glasses until they heard the 'clink' sound. I was in the Kitchen, watching them from a distance and with a drink in my hand. By 'them' I mean the friends that we invited yesterday: Suho sat on the sofa with Kyungsoo, the guy in the room next to us, Xiumin, sat on the floor  next to Chen who sat on a chair pulling out some old lame jokes that were stored in his mind. There was one more guest to come, but he hadn't arrived.

Although I could hear their voices, I wasn't really listening. My mind was just out of it ever since the supermarket. I was now just in one of those moods where I don't feel like speaking much and unfortunately this wasn't a good time to be in that kind of mood.

"Baekhyun?"

once hearing my name, my head snaps up and I see the group staring at me as though they're expecting me to talk.  'Oh crap maybe they do actually expect me to talk'

"huh?"

It was suho that apparently spoke. "I said come join us for god sake. why are you lurking over there?  sit down." he ordered.

"ah.. yeah, ok" I bring my drink over into the small room where they all sat, having fun and chatting.

"Is Lay still coming? He's taking a while?" Chen laughed and then another conversation started- something about Lay only getting back in Korea two days ago and then what snacks they could eat.

Again I wasn't paying full attention.

I was actually too busy of thinking of way how I could have spoke to Chanyeol while I was at the supermarket. I was imagining how it might have gone and most of the time it ended well.

"Aigoo what is this? Why do you look so gloomy?" Suho questioned again. It took another moment for me to realise he's directing it at me. He carried on. "Kyungsoo has spoke more than you and he's supposed to be the quiet one."

My eyes land on Kyungsoo across the room and he is looking back at me, every person in this room was looking at me. His face was blank as usual and I could never tell what he was thinking.

"He's right baek" Chen agreed "you're normally the one to liven up the party"

"Yeah I know I'm sorry... I'm just a bit tired."
I saw Chen look down to his knees; he was the only one who knew.

Then there was a knock at the door.
"Yixing!" Chen immediately stood up with his glass in the air but before he could move I stood up to and held his arm.

"I'll get it" I say.

"Oh... ok" Chen smiled and sat back down to let me past.

I didn't really want to sit there awkwardly any longer so at least this would get me out of the situation for a short while.

It had been a very long time since I last saw Lay so it was a good point aswell- it will be nice to see him first.

Opening the door, I quickly practise a smile just incase I fail to seem excited to see him as much as I want to be.
As soon as the door opens, lay is standing straight in front of me with a bright angelic smile.
"Baekhyun!" He said cheerfully.

I smiled, surprised at how much I actually missed him. "Why are you so late?" I chuckled.

"I'm sorry" lay scratches his head, smile not fading. "The place I'm staying in is a bit further than I thought from here."