Fifteen

Jongdae's POV

Not long after the two love birds left, I quickly picked up my phone and the door key before heading for my door. My mouth was already curled up into a smile as i was thinking of what i was about to do, I don't know why.

When I opened my door I was instantly faced with our new neighbour... which was odd because I was just about to surprise him myself.

The boy had his hand raised as though he was just about to knock at the door. He quickly brought it back to his chest and held it there with his other hand, looking slight embarrassed. Xiumin definitely was pretty cute.

"Xiumin?" I said, cocking my head slightly. "I was just..."

"I'm sorry, did I come at a bad time?" He looked worried.

I shook my head, reassuring him with a smile. I thought about telling him that I was just about to knock on his door but decided against the idea. "Not at all"

"Oh" Xiumin mouthed before asking again with  "are you sure?"

"Mm" I hummed with a quick nod. I then stepped backwards and held out my hand behind me, stepping to the side. "Come in"
Xiumin smiled shyly and stepped inside.

After I closed the door and sat down with him in the living room I asked: "so, was there anything you wanted me for?" I chuckled. "Need a phone again?"

My jokes didn't seem to be working as Xiumin hardly made a sound, instead he shook his head. "No... it's just.. pretty lonely in my apartment"

I suddenly felt sad for Xiumin, I didn't know what he was thinking but anyone could see that he wasn't having a good time. I knew I might as well give him what I wanted to in the first place, a bit of company.

"Don't worry about it" I smiled at him and he looked into my eyes. "You're here now and you've got me! I'm great company!"

This time a smile formed on his lips too and it sort of made me feel like I had achieved something.

"you know it's true" I added.

After a moment of quiet, Xiumin spoke up again, looking serious once more. " I.. actually,...that isn't the only thing.."

"What?"

Xiumin swallowed hard and took a few minutes before he managed to speak up. "My... um, partner left me"

I was lost for words once he said this, It was pretty sudden and i definitely was not the best at all this relationship stuff. All I could do was scratch my neck and carefully say "I'm sorry.." however I immediately regretted it as I noticed Xiumin becoming increasingly more teary eyed. "A-ah—I'm sorry! Did I say something wrong?"

Xiumin sniffed and shook his head, facing his lap. I felt terrible for the boy, he seemed so Heartbroken.

I decided to stand up and move over to the sofa where he was sitting and sat next to him. I placed my hand on his shoulder and gently rubbed up and down to show my comfort.
"Please don't cry." I bent my head down slightly enough so he could see my face appear in his view. I saw him look at me through the corner or his eyes. "whoever it was, I'm sure you deserve better! She lost a good guy and that's her fault"

Xiumin slowly lifted his head to meet eyes with me. I was praying that I would have made him smile again but..

"Actually..." the boy started nervously " it isn't... exactly a girl.."

"What?" I unintentionally gasped, immediately cursing myself for doing so afterwards "really?" Then I gasped again and realised what I had done, all the while Xiumin stared at me with slight confusion.
"Oh my god! I just assumed you were straight! I apologise! Was that rude?"

Xiumin was silent for a moment before he choked a laugh, a tear slipping down his cheek. "I've never heard anyone say that before" he chuckled.

Still unsure whether i made a rude assumption or not, i grinned awkwardly. I must admit, his laugh made me feel a bit more at ease.

"It's fine by the way. It's common i understand." Xiumins smile hitched a bit, seeming timid. "I wasn't sure if you were against.. that sort of stuff"

I burst out laughing, causing Xiumin to send confused looks at me once again. "Me?" I say pointing my own finger to my chest. "Against it? My best friend is the gayest person you'll ever meet. Like ever"

"Oh" Xiumim chuckled with tainted pink cheeks.

"But, Wait so was that who you were on the phone with the other day?" I asked.

"Yeah.." he answered, while dabbing some of the wetness out of the corner of his eyes "I'm sorry I burst into your apartment like that"

"No no it's fine I didn't mind" I shrugged. "Come whenever you like"

"Thanks" the boy said shyly.

The room fell silent for a moment and I rummage through my head for other questions to ask him. "Do you Want a drink?"

"Sure"

I stand, ready to make my way into the kitchen to make drinks but an idea springs to mind.
"How about we go out for drinks?"

Xiumin looked up to me and I meet with his eyes, making a mental note of how nice the boys eyes looked in this light and from this angle.

"Um," he started quietly and for a second I think he's gonna say no, he doesn't want to come with me. "Ok then" Xiumin grinned and stood up next to him.

"Great! I know just the place!"

***

Yo waddup every1

I'm sorry for such a long update!!plsforgiveme!! I have been quite busy lately
But I hope you enjoyed this cute chenmin chapter :>