Chapter 17

Dinah's POV

I looked around the cafeteria trying to find Y/N but she was no where. I've texted her but got no reply. She texted me while she was at the doctors saying she was coming back to school. So she should be here. Maybe she's just be held back in her class. She's in the same class as Lauren before lunch so she's probably with Lauren.

"Hey Dinah you okay?" I looked away from the cafeteria doors to look at Normani. "Uh yeah. Just waiting for Y/N. Have you seen her?" She shook her head. "No I haven't. I texted her while she was at the doctors. She texted back but after the doctors she hasn't texted back. What she hasn't texted you?" I shook my head looking back at the doors only seeing Lauren walk into the cafeteria.

"Where's Y/N?" I asked before she could even sit down. She furrowed her eyebrows. "Last time I saw her she was by her locker. Have you tried calling?" She asked as she took her phone out. I let out what I'm sure was a nervous sigh. I got my bag and got up. "I'm gonna go look for her." Before they could say anything I left and went towards the lockers. I pulled out my phone again and called her. But it went straight to voicemail. I let out a huff and saw some of Y/N's and Lauren's teammates by the lockers.

"Hey girls, have any of you by chance seen Y/N?" I asked looking at the group of four girls. They shook her head, "No sorry Dinah." One of them said and I let my shoulder fall. "Wait before lunch hour I saw her walk out of the front doors. I don't know where she went though but I'm sure she isn't at school." I nodded and thanked the girl before I quickly sped walked toward the parking lot only to be stopped by the girls.

"Where is she?" Lauren asked I could tell she was worried. Shit I am to. "She's not here. Lexa said that she saw her leave so I'm gonna go see if I can go find her. I'm-I'll go with you." I looked at Lauren and nodded. "We'll stay and get all your homeworks if you find her please call." Normani said I nodded.

*

"Lauren why did Y/N have to talk to you. She said that she needed to talk to you after she got to school. What did she say?" I asked as drove to Jo's building. I looked at Lauren stopping at a stop light. She sighed and looked down at her hands. "You can't tell her. Dinah you have to promise me that you won't tell her." I furrowed my eyebrows confused. What couldn't she tell Y/N. "Lau-No Dinah you have to promise me it's not something we can tell Y/N. Jo has to tell her." I let out deep sigh. This is going to be yet another secret that I'm keeping from her. "Alright I promise. Now what is it?"

"There was this guy that came in the office the other day and at first I didn't know who it was and neither did Jo. But then he said something about only Jo knew. Dinah the man that walked in is Y/N's father. The man that raped Jo when she was younger." I looked at her wide eyed. It can't be that asshole is in prison. He's in jail. "I don't know how he got out of jail but he's out and in town. Jo wants to make sure Y/N doesn't find out about him. She wants to tell her." Just when I was going to say something there was a honk behind me. I looked forward to see the light was green.

The drive to the Jo's building was quiet. Real quiet.

"Come on." I said once I parked the car and got out. After locking the car we quickly made our way into the building run into Rob. "Her Rob have you seen Y/N came in?" He shook his head. "Well hello to you girls to but to answer your question I don't know I just clocked in. Go on up if she's here then she's with Jo." We nodded and thanked him making our way to the elevators.

*

"Sam is Y/N here?" He looked away from his computer and shook his head. "I haven't seen her. Go in Jo's office she's in a meeting right now but you can wait for her." She isn't here. Where the hell could she be? I couldn't help but to worry. Lauren and I walked into the office to only to see a police officer in there as well.