Chapter 2

Joana sat next to her daughter who was yet to wake up from coma. It's been three weeks since the car accident. She only got out of the car accident with a few cuts and bruises along with a small concussion but nothing too big to worry about.

She has been sitting there hoping and praying that her little girl would wake up soon. But those prayers have been yet to be answered.

"Hey sweetie, It's me. It's been three weeks baby. You have to wake up. It's not the same with out you. I can't lose you too. You're my sunshine. You're my reason to live. You're my little girl. You are the reason why I try so hard in life. You're the reason why I wake up with a smile. I couldn't have asked for a better daughter. You bring a smile to my face without even trying. Please baby girl you have to wake up please." Joana sobbed putting her head down on the bed.

**

Days went on. Weeks went on and the younger girl was yet to wake up. It's been two months and she was still in a coma.

Joana was devastated as much as she didn't want to lose hope, she was. She felt like her heart was being constantly stabbed at when she was sitting next to her little girl.

Doctors telling her that nothing has changed. Telling her that if Y/N doesn't wake up they will have to pull the cord that's keeping her alive.

"Ms.Miles you should go home for the night get some rest. If anything changes I promise to call you. But if-sorry I mean when Y/N wakes up you need to be healthy. Please go home if not for yourself do it for your daughter." The doctor said as she saw that Joana was still there from this morning looking more tired than ever.

Joana was about to protest but stopped letting out a sigh. She nodded sadly. "Call me if anything changes." She clarified. The doctor nodded.

**

Joana laid on Y/N's bed holding the stuff bear that was on the bed. She couldn't sleep in her room. She tried but she couldn't. Not when her daughter was in a hospital bed fighting for her.

She quickly answered the phone when she heard it ring. Not checking who was calling.

"Hello? Is she okay? Did- Joana?" Joana quickly stopped talking at the sound of her mothers voice. Joana was too worried about her little girl to even call her own mother to tell her what had happened.

"Oh hi mom." Joana sighed tiredly as she laid back down.

"What's wrong mija? Why were you asking if someone was okay? Is my Y/NN okay?" Joana could hear the concern in her mothers voce. She bit her lip trying to contain the sob that wanted to escape.

"M-Mom?" Joana spoke her voice cracking. She let her tears fall freely. Her mother on the other line felt her heart hammering in her chest. She knew something was wrong. She felt it. Just hearing how devastated her daughter sounded.

"Mija what's wrong? Please tell me?" Joana's mother said when Joana didn't say anything. Joana took a deep breath.

"Two months ago Y/N and I were in a car accident-Oh My God. Why didn't you call me earlier. Are you okay? Is Y/N okay? Joana tell me." Joana's mother interrupted her. Joana sighed as the tears would stop rolling down her cheek.

"M-Mom. Y-Y/N is in coma."

**

The next day Joana got up feeling her eyes puffy and tired but nothing had changed. She's been waking up like this for the past two months. She couldn't go to work. Well she didn't have to since she's her own boss but her workers understood why she couldn't come in.

Once she was done taking a shower and getting ready she quickly went down the stairs she would have eaten breakfast but without having her little girl trying to steal her pancakes from her plate even though there was more on the kitchen counter only brought more sadness to her heart.