Chapter 3

"Are you sure you want to go to school today?" I looked up at my mother who looked hesitant and concern as she helped me put on my hoodie. I smiled slightly. I've been home for the last week. I've spend that week trying to walk with out using one of the crutches but it's hard like really hard. Every time I put too much weight on my bad leg, pain would shot through my leg so I still have to use one of my crutches.

"Yes I'm sure. I already missed the first three weeks. If anything happens or I don't feel well I will call you." I reassured her. She sighed and smiled slightly.

"Alright. Come on then." She picked up my back pack and carried it while she helped me up from the couch. We made our way to the front and headed out.

I looked up and I swear I felt my heart beat drop. There was the car. The same car I got into a wreak in. The car I almost died in. The front of the car is completely damaged. I slowly made my way towards the car.

I looked at the passenger side of the car

I looked at the passenger side of the car. The door was half way off, there's a hole on the front window. I looked closer at the car and there was still dry blood on the seat, dash board and the hole.

"They brought it this morning. I could call them to take it- No it's okay." I kept my eyes on the car. I felt so over whelmed. I could have died in that car. Well I did but I made it out alive somehow.

"Come on. You'll be late." She took my other hand that no longer had the bandage and the stitches. My other arm was still in a cast and in a sling that wrapped around my ribs just below my boobs. My left leg was in brace but it still hurt to walk so I still had to use one of my crutches.

I took a deep breath and nodded as I slowly made my way towards the car. I went to open the front door but stopped. The flashbacks of having a car driving straight at me and my mom came so fast. I slightly shook my head I turned around and opened the back door. My mom smiled sadly and helped me into the back seat putting on my seat belt.

She kissed the top of my head and closed the door.

**

"Call me okay if anything starts hurting or you don't feel good or if you just want to come home or- Mom I will be okay. Don't worry." She sighed and put my bag over my head and on my good shoulder. We're standing front of the school now.

"I'll pick you after school. Be careful okay." I nodded and she kissed my cheek. "I love you pumpkin." I smiled and returned the kiss on her cheek. "Love you too mommy. I'll see you after school." She smiled but I could see the the hesitation and concern in her eyes.

I couldn't really blame her for being so worried about me. "Mom I'll be fine. I'll see you after school." I nodded as she handed me one of the crutches I needed to walk. I slowly walked towards the front doors to the school, I looked back at my mom who was still standing there making sure I walked into the school safety. I smiled and waved with my good hand. She returned the smile and waved back as she made her way in the car.