4 - The Media Is Going To Have A Field Day

Start from the beginning

The only reason I made a song was because Lulu wanted more publicity. I had to go to singing lessons for over a year! Plus, Casey told me actresses need to know how to sing. I told her I didn't mind doing singing lessons as long as I didn't have to go to dance lessons.

I am not flexible.

"That sounds great! Here's the fabulous Whitney Winters with her new song."

And that's when I turn my alarm off. I'm not that keen on listening to myself singing. Going to film premieres I can deal with partly because I'm with other actors as well who I made really good friends with but listening to myself sing...no thanks.

That reminds me, the music video for the song will be out soon. I had to learn several dance routines last week; I had to wear at least fifty different dresses for it. It took around four days to complete the video.

"Oh, Whitney!" Casey sings in a sickly sweet voice from downstairs. "Time to get up."

And with that, I face bury my face back into my extra cushiony pillow.

***

Precisely one hour later, Casey and I are heading into the agencies main building in New York City. Alan, my bodyguard is following closely behind, his eyes darting between people. HIs stiff and hostile posture screams 'stay away from me'.

If he wasn't my bodyguard and if I didn't know him personally, I would be steering clear of him. But Alan's a big softie to me.

The receptionist at the lavish desk flashes a smile to us and begins to type again. Some people sat in the waiting area stare at me in awe. It still baffles me how these people can recognize me when I have large sunglasses covering a bit of my face; my hair is tied neatly in a bun.

Casey once told me that celebrities have an aura of confidence around them. Its how they get so much attention, how they are noticed. Along with their stylish outfits, gorgeous looks, they have an air of confidence around them. She taught me how to act and deal with the public.

It was very strange at first. Learning how to act in public was something everyone was taught young yet there I was, being taught it again. But differently.

I felt so pressured to learn everything. How to walk, talk and eat. How to act and what to wear.

At first, I was terrified. The paparazzi were horrifying. I felt so exposed when I saw private matters on the front pages of magazines. But as time passed, I learned.

I now walk straight, with a smile on my face all of the time. I talk professionally, with seriousness. My voice demands attention, it demands to be heard yet its soft. My style of clothing changed. I wear classy and elegant clothes out for meetings, interviews, and activities. But when I'm myself; I'm going out to have fun or to an after party with my friends, I will wear more...revealing clothes.

Currently, I'm wearing a sweet but classy white summer dress. It shows off my 'flawless' skin and body as Casey constantly reminds me. My golden blonde hair is tied in a high ponytail and I'm wearing blood red lipstick—my signature lipstick.

Bangles are around my wrist which makes metallic noises whenever I move; I have a small diamond necklace is around my neck. Finally, I'm wearing my five—inch white high heels that go with my dress.

Two years ago, I never would have worn clothing like this. I never had the confidence in dresses or even remotely revealing clothes.

Oh, how I wish they could see me right now, face—to—face.

"Let's keep moving," Casey says lowly next to me, eyeing some rather suspicious looking men standing in the waiting room by the windows. I catch her fear quickly and speed up.