Chapter 05 | Monk moments.

Comenzar desde el principio

Hunter drops his book on top of mine and we both exit and head to Mrs.Davis' classroom for Mathematics.

Mrs. Davis is present for her lesson and as always is dressed to kill in a blood red skin tight dress which hugs her curvy figure in all the right places accompanied with strappy black heels and a nude lip. Her entire outfit makes me feel like I'm wearing a paper bag in my white-grey ripped jeans, white flowy top, light peach woolly cover up and white sneakers. My hair is in a messy bun, as always. How does she do it? Always looking perfect any time of the day. Ugh.

I open my lunchbox, placing 2 jelly beans in my mouth, instantly feeling better.

I'm just thankful I don't have any classes with Megan today. My brain might implode if I have one. Why? Because it can.

I listen attentively as Mrs. Davis teaches, making sure to jot down vigorous notes and sooner rather than later I have to leave when the siren begins it's hourly bellow.

"Alright. Class dismissed. Drop off your assignment as you exit." Mrs. Davis says with a smile as she moves to sit behind her desk.

I pack my things, moving towards her desk to leave my book. "Thank you, Mrs. Davis."

"You're quite welcome, Archer." Holy guacamole! She knows my name. Mrs. Davis knows my name. I feel like Vince Vaughn. This isn't uncalled for because I witnessed her ask Sean Milstone his name last week as she wrote him a detention slip and she's taught him since freshman year.

Hunter startles me out of my happiness.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Always with the questions.

"Is it a crime?"

"No. I guess not."

We walk side by side all the way to the cafeteria with Hunter accompanying me to my locker and chatting on about something. I zoned out.

I order my food and take a seat by our table with the new fact that Hunter sits next to me. We're the first ones to arrive and the chatterbox that is Hunter decides to strike up conversation.

When the rest of the group arrives, the chatter increases tenfold as each voice battles to be heard over the other during the nonsensical argument.

I decide to zone in, confirming my suspicions of the level of stupidity the conversation being held is at.

"Who's the strongest superhero?," I caught the question from Mason.

"Undoubtedly Hulk," Hunter supplies as if it was the most obvious answer. It's Thor.

"Are you talking Marvel or DC?," I ask testing which side both boys lean towards.

"Obviously Marvel," Mason says with Hunter silently giving his seconding nod.

"Then it's Thor," I say simultaneously throwing a jelly bean into my awaiting mouth.

"Hulk." We all know who that is.

"Captain America," Mason states alongside Hunter.

I scoff placing yet another sugary treat on my tongue, "I'll admit and say that the Hulk and Cap come 2nd and 3rd after Thor respectively. Simply put if you look at it without any bias, both of their strengths come from some sort of science, to be more specific; experiment. I'm not implying that they are not strong because they are in their own rights but my point is that they both took on the powers suddenly unlike Thor who was born a god and he had to learn how to use them, harness them and so forth. To top it all off he's a prince, Oden's son to be exact. If you look at all 3 of them and analyze them deeply you will come to this very same conclusion without the bias of any of the previous movies, this is all based on their abilities and capabilities as individuals. Thor takes the cup."