35

THIS BOOK IS ALMOST DONE😭😭

MAYA POV

I walked over to Lucas as Peyton’s food came out from the kitchen. I can feel his eyes on my back while Lucas green ones danced over me as I got closer. It almost felt as if he were examining me to see if Peyton had made a mark anywhere that on me that shouldn’t be there. Lucas eyebrows were furrowed as he looked past me and I already knew that green eyes rested on blue ones. While Lucas iris’s flashed with warning, when I turned around I could see nothing but a smile in Peyton’s. Peyton stood from his table and headed towards the elevator after paying the waiter and as he moved, Lucas arm snaked around my waist. I rested a hand on Lucas shoulder but a scowl played on my face. How is it that my heart speeds up this way when he’s around me even after what he did? How is it that I want nothing more than to be in his arms even though he was in the arms of another only two days ago? My feelings for Lucas are more frustrating and confusing than they should be. I want to kiss him and slap him at the same time.

When Peyton is out of sight, I take a step back from Lucas and he smiles at me with dimples showing and all. I cross my arms over my chest and turn to head for the elevator myself before I feel Lucas pull me back towards him.

“Wait until he gets into his room please.” He just seemed like he was happy to see me a moment ago and now his tone is clipped. Lucas finished his drink which was apparently nothing but an orange juice before he stood and looked at me. He tried to keep a hard expression, but his features softened the longer he looked at my face. He was fighting to hold back a grin, and so was I, but I was doing a better job than he was.

“Can I leave to go to my room now or do I have to wait for Peyton to leave the hotel first?” Lucas went in his wallet and gave the bartender a five pound note. When he turned back around to look at me his eyebrows were furrowed again.

“Let’s go smart ass.”

“Where do I get it from I wonder?...You’re not coming. You shouldn’t be here in the first place Lucas. I told you not to come. I don’t know if I’m ready to see you yet.” I turned to walk away and I could hear his footsteps behind me, following me as I made my way to the elevators.

“I wasn’t ready to see you either when you came back to London but I had to...”

“That was you once again, you showed up to my room in the middle of the night. Not the other way around.”

I pressed the down button and waited somewhat impatiently as the elevator made its slow decent and my inner bitch was out in full effect, the only problem is I don’t know how long I can keep her going.

“So you don’t want to see me now? You want me to go?” I raised one of my eyebrows not responding to Lucas and the longer I stood there silently, the more crumpled his face became. I need to keep up this act a little while longer.

“Fine!”

He bit his lip and turned to leave before I grabbed his hand He looked at me confused before a smirk that makes me weak played out on his lips.

“Don’t do that to me Maya! That’s not nice! I didn’t bring my medication with me so if you keep messing with me that way my mood will go to shit and there won’t be anything either of us can do about it”

“It might do that anyway. I’m only letting you up so we can talk. You can leave afterwards.”

Lucas pursed his lips then grinned again. I can’t wrap my head around these mood swings he’s having right now. They’re happening too quickly and every time he smiles at me I want to wrap my arms around him. He must know that I can’t do this anymore. I don’t want to argue. This can be a fresh slate for us. We both messed up. It’s out of the way now; at least I hope it is.