9

okay, lemme start reading my own book to see if it's really good or not.

And lemme go reply to yall comments. Your comments are funny ass shit.

MAYA POV

I turned around and though I was excited it wasn’t who I had hoped for.

“Smackle! Oh my gosh! I’ve missed you so much!” Smackle hugged me back and laughed at my shocked reaction but when I looked over her shoulder, I could see Niall and Liam standing back against a wall watching our embrace.

“I’ve missed you too. I didn’t know that you would be back.” Smackle hugged Peyton next before giving me a confused look.

“I tried to call you but you didn’t answer. I thought you were still angry with me about...” I trailed off, not wanting to have this discussion in front of Peyton. Smackle nodded slightly in understanding before she replied.

“No of course not, I lost all of my contacts in my phone due to a glitch and I realized how stupid it was that we aren’t at least Facebook friends so that I could keep in touch with you and Riley.” Peyton left to go get our food before Smackle whispered to me.

“What’s going on with you and Peyton? I knew that he was going to California too, but are you guys like a thing again?”

“No, I..” Peyton came back food in hand causing me to stop the conversation.

“Smackle come on, let them eat. You can talk t’ her later we’re going t’ be late.” Smackle scrunched her nose at Niall before turning to talk to me.

“I should get your number again. We have a lot to talk about.”

Smackle put my number back in her phone, and I couldn’t help but notice the way that neither of the boys would come up to us, just stood in the background watching.

“Are all of them upset with me? Did I mess everything up?” I kept my voice to a whisper, sure that Peyton couldn’t hear and Smackle smiled even though her eyes bled with sympathy.

“No. Niall isn’t upset either...He’s just...they’ll come around.” Smackle looked back at Niall quietly scolding him as he knotted his eyebrows and shrugged his shoulders and Liam looked unphased by it all, perfectly fine with his stance in the corner. I understand it if they were upset. I would understand it if they all were. What I wouldn’t be able to handle is if it stayed that way. I nodded my head slightly and Smackle changed the subject.

“You guys should come with us. We’re going to a little get together at Zay's house.”

All of me wanted to go there knowing that Lucas would probably be there too, but I know that bringing Peyton with me would make things worse than they already are and I don’t want to be rude and ditch him here after he bought me my dinner for the night.

“Um no, it’s fine. You guys go without us. We just landed today and I’m actually really tired. Have a good time though. I’m just around the corner at the Savoy hotel if you want to come visit me sometime.”

“I’ll come round tomorrow if that’s alright?”

“Should be fine.” Smackle opened her arms and pulled me into a hug after Niall called for her again and the words she whispered for only us to hear caused my breath to hitch in my throat and my voice to crack.

“Lucas will be so happy to know you’re back. He’s misses you Maya. So much.”

“I hope so Smackle.”

After we left McDonald's, we went back to the hotel dragging our feet from exhaustion. I could barely get myself in my room I was so tired and it took me three times before the key-card turned the little lock light on the door green.