17

so i updated a chapter but some of you didn't like it, so anyways here's another one.

MAYA POV
I woke up before Lucas unaware of my surroundings at first but then very alert as to where I was when I looked around the room. I slowly sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes remembering what I did last night. I smiled to myself and felt all the more sexy when i think about the look on his face while I was doing it. He never lets me take control really, but I’m glad he did last night. When I moved, Lucas stirred next to me but didn’t wake. I heard footsteps down the hall and rose out of bed quickly to put on my leggings before his mom stopped at his door and knocked at it causing Lucas to jump. His chest rose and fell quickly and he looked out of sorts when he woke up. I know he must have been having another nightmare when I looked at his face. His eyes softened when he looked back at me and smirked slightly before answering the second set of knocks.

“Lucas?”

“Give me a minute!” He grumbled back at his mom groggy from sleep and then rubbed his hand over his face and through his hair still looking at me. Footsteps went down the stairs and I know that his mom went to the kitchen. Lucas sunk back down in bed and sat down at the foot of it smiling at him as I put my hair up out of my face.

“Good morning.”

“G’morning.”

"Are you okay?" Lucas looked at me as if he were shocked by my question before responding.

"I'm fine..." Lucas continued to look at me and the perplexed look faded as he grinned at me then rested his head against the headboard and crossed his arms over his chest. His grin slowly got bigger even though now he wasn’t making eye contact with me.

“What?”

“Nothing.” I know he’s thinking about last night and I smile at him and roll my eyes before I change the subject.

“Aren’t you going to go see what your mom wants?” His smile faded and he looked over to the clock on his bedside table before he took a deep breath and shook his head slowly.

“In a minute, I don’t feel like dealing with her right now.” His tone hardens and I empathize with both him and his mother. I wonder if their relationship was always like this. Sometimes Lucas makes things so difficult for her and I know how she wants nothing more than for him to feel normal and happy, but she can’t continue to sacrifice her own happiness for his. An alarm on Lucas phone goes off and I’m shocked by the shrill noise and by the fact that he has set an alarm for something. He reaches out a hand for me to hand him his phone and when I do he shuts it off and then gets out of bed throwing on some joggers before he heads for the door.

Lucas nods for me to follow him down the stairs and then tells me to wait for him in the living room as he goes in the kitchen

LUCAS POV

When I go in the kitchen I hug my mum briefly before opening up the refrigerator grabbing two bottles of water. My mum raised a creased eyebrow at me before she walked over to the swinging door of the kitchen and peered out into the living room. I stood against the counter waiting for her to come out with it so we could get it over with. I’m tired of walking on egg shells around matter. When she turned around there was an unreadable expression on her face so I spoke for her to start it off.

“Yes that is Maya in the common room. Yes she did sleep here last night. Yes we are trying to work on things and get back to normal, and yes I know you don’t approve. Now, ask me if I really care. It would be nice and less awkward if you didn’t treat her badly but-”

“I never said I didn’t approve Lucas. I don’t want you... carrying on, in the house with her and I would rather you tell me when you’re going to have her over to spend the night, but I never said that I would treat her badly. She’s good for you I see that now.” I eyed my mum suspiciously as she spoke and looked her up and down as if she was going to begin to unzip her own skin from her body. She smoothed out the crease from her brow and laughed at my facial expression. I’ll believe it when I see it.