forever

Songs for this chapter-

Look after you- Louis Tomlinson cover

{if you can find it, it just adds affect}

Everything I didn't say- 5sos

Hazels POV

~

{A/N- PLEASE COMMENT ANY FEELING YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I LIKE IT, BUT I NEED TO KNOW YOUR GUYS' OPINION}

I ran in to see all the lifeless bodies on the ground except two. Hannah was beside the corner of the warehouse, in the fetal position against the wall. My mind was scrambling. I was about to run to her until I heard Harry scream. The sound made my blood turn cold and I ran upstairs. Harry had Louis in his arms and he was screaming at the dead boy.

"Louis! I love you. Just wake up please!" He kept shaking the body and I ran over to him.

"You can't leave me! I was suppose to die!" His voice cracked at the end and I held Harry in my arms.

"Harry, what do you mean you were suppose to die." Tears were streaming down his face and he kept taking in shaky breaths.

"Lou jumped in-in front of me, and took the bullet. Luke fired at me after Zayn shot Ashton straight through the head. If Lou didn't jump in front of me it would have shot through my stomach. Luke just got the easiest target which was me, but Lou saved me. And it all went down hill from there." Harry crumbled in my arms and Realization suddenly hit me.

Calum.

I ran down the stairs as quickly as I could and sure enough, Calum laid next to an empty crate, a bullet through his chest. I sprinted as fast as I could across the warehouse until suddenly I was tackled to the ground by Hannah.

"Hazel, don't do this to yourself. Please, don't go near him. We have to go." Right as she said that police sirens were coming closer to us but I didn't care. I kept thrashing and screaming with all the energy I had left.

"No! I swear to god Hannah if you don't let me go I'll get out of this arm trap myself and shoot you through the brain! You can leave. I'm not leaving him. Not now. Not ever." I snapped at her and she just sighed, letting me go. I got up and was about to run over to him until she spoke.

"Hold on." I stopped and turned around slowly. "He has something for you in his back pocket. Find it. Keep it. And move on." With that she started to runout of the warehouse. The sirens were close but I bet they lost their destination because the firing was so short.

Once I got to Calum, tears were already on the floor, and my knees began to give out. I started to whisper incoherent words I didn't even understand. Just small sobs as I stroked his messy hair out of his face. It looked like a painful death. The blood was drying into his black shirt and hesitantly reached into his back pocket to get the letter. I unfolded the big piece of paper and sat right next to him. His hand writing was terrible but I could still understand it.

To my beloved Hazel,

If you are reading this obviously you know what happened. I hope Hannah at least held you back for a little bit. I didn't want you to see me like this, however I may look. I don't want you to stay with me. I want you to move on. You deserve to be happy. I love you Hazel. And if I know you like I know you, you aren't going to want to let me go. You are one of the most stubborn people I know. We have so many memories together and I hope you know I'll always be with you. I don't want you to visit me up here for a long long time, understand? You still have the ring I hope.

I looked down at the ring and smiled slightly, twisting it down my finger so it was secure. The tears were now coming down harder than before.

I think I've written this note about 10 times now, it's quite hard to know that you have to leave the one you love. I knew this was the only way to protect you, and that was my goal from the beginning. I hope some day you marry someone and have children, take care of them and one day let them go. You don't know how badly I wanted to be the one to share all those moments with you, but I know that you are at least mostly safe now. Make sure when you find that one man that you will love for the rest of your life, he doesn't remind you of me. I want you to remember me, but not like that. I have left one more thing for you and that was the rest of the song I finished. Remember when you walked in my room a couple days ago? Yeah that song. That song is for you. I know you know how to play the guitar so I want you to play it eventually and really think about the song. Well you're sleeping softly right now so I guess I better get back to bed before you wake up. I will always be with you wherever you go until I think it's time to let you be, and I'll be waiting for you Hazel, forever and always.