rage

As I weakly hobbled in the kitchen I could hear a loud drop and many profanities.

"Hey Cal, you okay in there?' I spoke confused.

"Yeah, fine, just subbed my toe and uh-tripped over the rug?' He spoke unsurely.

I just went with it because it was probably nothing. Once the popcorn was made and I brought out 3 diet cokes, and I finally sat down and looked at Calum. He looked upset and like he was trying to hold something in. I was going to ask him about it until I heard a loud knock followed by a scream for me to open up.

Of course Ashley didnt bring her keys, she never did. Calum zoned out staring at the carpet and I hobbled over to answer.

"Finally, god, what took you so long." she spoke, glaring at me.

"If you havent noticed idiot, I'm kind of hurt, and if you would have just brought your keys, it wouldn't have been a problem to lock you out." I spoke confident in myself with my head held high, which I never really did.
"Oh and what movies did you get?"

"Um , yeah they didnt have a very good selection so we will just watch one we have." She spoke avoiding eye contact.

She was lying to me, it was obvious but I didn't bother fighting with her because I would lose in the end. As I watched her exit the room to go in our spare room where all the movies were , I walked back into the living room where Calum was pacing, looking furious. I walked next to him and tried to touch his shoulder for comfort.

"Hey Cal, you really don't look okay, do you want me to get Ash.."

"Shut up okay! Just shut up, and leave me alone!" He yelled in my face, brought his hand up and did what I felt, he had been longing to do.

He hit me.

My head whipped to the side and I was in pure shock. The stinging sensation hurt too much as I let tears stream down my face and chocked sobs come out.

I felt a new feeling of sadness and anger rush throught my body. I took a step back still glaring at him as my nostrils started to flair, my hands were shaking and my body was trembling.

"Haze..." He tried to speak regretting what he did and said before and reached for my hand.

"No! Dont you dare fucking touch me or talk to me, I dont know what your problem is but I hate you and I want you to get out, now!" I screamed.

"I didnt mean to Hazel I prom.." He chocked out rushing his sentence in thinking he could finish it.

"I said fucking get out now! I dont care if Ashley lives here too, if you dont get out now I'm calling the damn police" I spoke sternly through clenched teeth, trying to not let the tears fall.

He started to slowly walk out and was about to open the door but before he did, he turned back and whispered a sorry.

I ran into the living room and started to throw whatever I could get my hands on. Saying I was an emotional wreck was an understanement.

I loved him.

Please take notice in the past tense.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing Hazel! and where's Calum, I heard you guys screaming and..." She slowed down towards the end as she saw me sobbing and the side of my face red from the impact, while I was on the floor.

"Hazel..? What happened honey." She spoke in a motherly tone.

As I was sniffling I told her exactly what happened. "C-Calum."

She knew exactly what happened without me telling her myself. She was the closet thing I had to a mother, well since ours died.

She quickly stood up and her nostrils were already flaired, she muttered somethng about killing Calum. Before I knew it, she had her car keys in her hand and was already half way out the door. After she left all I could do was cry myself to sleep whch is what I did, on the living room floor.