ring

Song for the chapter-

Everything I didn't say

Hazel's POV

~

"Liam, if u came here to fuck my sister and make me jealous or something you need to leave-"

"Oh god no. I'm not a cheater, unlike you." Ashely looked confused but let it go, thank god. If she found out what I did with Austin, I'd be screwed.

"Liam can I talk to you real quick. Alone." He had that smug look on his face and I just wanted to slap him so bad. I pulled him into the living room and began my rant.

"How do you know happened Liam." He laughed and I balled my fists at my sides.

"Go ahead Haze, punching or slapping me won't make me not kill Calum." I took a step back and my face went blank.

"What-what do you mean kill Calum, I thought we were just discussing who "gets" me, even though I don't like you, and you aren't getting me."

"Oh sweet, sweet naïve Hazel." He creased my check with the pad of his thumb and I cowered away.

"Someone, if not multiple people, are going to die in a few days, and I think you can guess who's going to."

~

When I left and got to Calum's house, I heard him upstairs playing a guitar and singing. I walked in and ran upstairs. He kept singing, and it was beautiful.

Taken every breathe away,

With all the mistakes I made,

From all the letters that I say,

This is everything I didn't say.

I wish I could have made you stay,

And I'm the only one to blame,

I know that it's a little too late,

This is everything I didn't say.

He stopped briefly and wrote something down in his journal. I knocked on the door and he jumped up.

"Uh-hey, how much did you hear? You weren't suppose to hear that." He stumbled around his words and I just laughed hugging him.

"It was beautiful, did you write that?" His eyes were a little glossy but he held a strong smile.

"Me and Ashton actually, were still trying to finish it, we wrote a few songs together a couple months ago." He was trying not to blush but I was proud anyways.

"Wanna just watch a movie and relax?" I spoke softly.

"Actually, I wanted to show you something, it's a while drive and we will get there by sundown is that okay?" He intertwined our fingers and smiled.

"Yeah of course."

~~

After Calum drove us to the destination in his truck, I was in shock. It was one of the prettiest sights ever. We were on a tall cliff, over looking the ocean. It was mostly dirt so Calum laid down a blanket for me to sit in and pulled out his guitar.

We both sat down and all I could do was lay back and look between the ocean and the beautiful glowing sky up above.

"You know Cal, I want us to be a binary star someday. I want someone to take in our presence and just smile."

{A/N: binary stars are two stars that orbit together around their common center of mass}

He scooted closer and put and arm around me shoulder, nudging me into his chest and pecked the top of my head.

"Me too Haze, me too." He paused hen continued like he just remembered something.

"Oh I have something for you." I sat up my face was contorted in confusion.

"You didn't have to get me anything, we're not even celebrating anything silly." I laughed but his face turned blank.

"We're celebrating being together for 6 months." He laughed a little when I threw my head in my hands.

"How could I forget! I'm literally so stupid!" I groaned.

"It's okay baby, you gave me something like 2 days ago that you can now not give anyone else, that was an amazing present." I was confused at first but then I started to blush, oh yeah, virginity.

"Here." He pushed a long red velvet box towards me and I gasped. Oh god, jewelry. I slowly opened the box and my jaw fell to the floor. It was a ring,

"Read the band." His smile grew bigger as I slowly flipped it over, it read

'For my love, H.W. Love C.H'

"It's a promise ring just so you know, you're almost 18, and I want to wait a couple more years, but truly Hazel, I love you so much, and if anything happens tomorrow, I want you to keep it forever."

For some reason tears were streaming down my face from all the emotions. Should I be sad or happy? I nodded and threw myself on him for a big hug, I just want him to hold me right now.

"I love you so much." I snuggled my head in his chest and he responded fairly quickly.

"I love you more."

~~

"I'm really nervous Calum."

At the moment Calum was packing everything we needed for the fight. I didn't really want to pack anything, so he just did all of it. I kept fijiting with my fingers on the bed, thinking of the worst possible situations. Calum squatted next to me and put his fingers under my chin, lifting it up slightly to look at me.

"Babe, please don't worry too much, were going to be okay, I promise." Small smiles graced our faces as he got up and continued to pack.

"So what is going to happen tomorrow?" I bit my lip and inhaled slowly trying to relax my anxiety. Calum looked up from his bag and exhaled slowly just like me.

"Please just don't worry about it until tomorrow, we will figure out something, Hannah may help us if I can find her and I know for a fact Ashton and Luke will." I nodded slightly and he continued packing.

I twisted the promise ring on my finger and smiled at its presence.

"I can see you like the ring?" He had hope in his voice and I sat up again immediately.

"Of course, I love it so much Calum, you don't even know, it's so beautiful." He tried to hide the big smile as he finished the last of the packing.

"We're all set babe, are you ready for one hell of a day?" There was sadness clouded in his vision has if he knew what was going to happen, but I had to think positive.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

~~

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN?

•VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE•

{to find out}