Chapter Forty Five

Joel POV
'Sorry Marie I had to deal with a situation' I say as I walk up behind her. She tries to stand up, but she stumbles my hands instantly wrap around her waist pulling her in to me for a hug, she's tipsy no more alcohol for her, she needs to sober up I can't be dealing with someone who can't handle their drink.
'How much you drank since I've been gone?' She points to the empty bottle on the table and giggles at me, no wonder she's drunk she's drank a whole bottle.
'You're a naughty girl Marie' I say with a grin,
'Naughty girls need to be punished Joel' she whispers in my ear. Damn she is a good flirt, I look into her eyes, and for some reason I just can't look away, I am lost in her beautiful blue eyes. I know all my friends are probably watching us, it's unusual for me to be like this with a girl I am normally the joker in the group not the player, not the guy with the girl, only girl I've been in a relationship with was my ex. I am just the guy with the jokes and the psycho ex, yup my ex is crazy. Marie wraps her hands around my neck and hugs me, my hands go straight on her ass, can't help being a guy. After a couple of minutes she slowly brings herself out of the hug. Our eyes lock again, this time I lean down and gently kiss her lips, very quickly it leads to making out. When the kiss is done I have a quick look around to my friends, with a grin on my face, most of them are cheering for me, Marie hides her face in my chest and I wrap my arms around her waist, while I kiss the top of her head. We spend the rest of the time kissing and talking to my friends, it's amazing how everyone feels comfortable around her, they all seem to open up to her. Marie starts to sober up a bit, she goes to the toilet with her friend Jade, I am sat with my main three friends Zak, Dillon and Hayden.
'She's hot man' Zak says, I smile to myself I do agree but I know I can't get attached to her,
'Umm ain't your ex upstairs Joel?' Say Dillon my face drops, my ex is a pain in my ass, she's half the reason why I am looking forward to going to my Dad's and half the reason what I don't bother with girls.
'Is she? Shit this isn't good' normally I let Amy (my ex) say and do what she wants to the girls I am interested in, she always causes shit for me, but it's different with Marie, she's here to make someone I hate jealous, it's unfair for her to be brought into this Amy shit or maybe I can't bare the thought of her getting hurt. I shake my head, shit I am falling for her. And then I hear Amy shouting my heart drops to my stomach, please Marie be ok.
'Amy is having fun, shouting and causing shit' Hayden laughs, I give him a quick look and decide I can't allow anything to happen to Marie.
'Fuck this' I say, as I jump up off the couch. I just can't bear the thought of Marie getting hurt, I run upstairs, leaving my friends in shock exchanging glances. No Joel doesn't normally stick up for girls, but none have I ever had feelings for until now. I mean none have I used before to get back at anyone and her getting hurt won't look good, I mean it will end up causing trouble for us, well my friends I won't be here. Ughhhh this is a mess!