chapter 3

Peyton's pov:

(text convo)

"hey baby" I replied

"excited for tryouts?" Zach texted

"... I guess, but I'm nervous..."

"don't be, everything's going to be perfect! you're going to look perfect, you are going to stick everything, we are going to make cheetahs, I am going to be your base, and everything is going to work out!"

omg he is so sweet, I swear he is perfect! I don't know what I would do without him. then I realize Sarah is reading over my shoulder.

"aww look at the lovebirds" she teases.

I just smile because I'm distracted thinking about stuff.

***

*(THE NEXT MORNING)*

so we woke up and started getting ready for tryouts. We decided to match today, just for fun. I put on my black Nike pro shorts, and my shiny "G3FCA2A" sports bra. I put my hair up with a poof and my black glittery bow. Sarah helped me do my makeup and tease my ponytail. I look in the mirror, grab a snack and we leave.

I was pretty zoned out the whole time, until they called my name that is...

so first I do my jumps to full, stuck perfectly! they then ask if I want to do standing tumbling or running tumbling, I choose running. save the most stressful for last.

I flawlessly do my front through to roundoff handspring whip double.

I was so excited, when I looked over at the coaches I noticed they looked impressed.

then I had to do stunts, they call Matt smith over to base me. this is great! he based me last year so no worries.

perfect double up to heal stretch, I was a little shaky on the tick tock... but that's fine because I finished with a perfect needle double down.

then I remembered that I still hadnt done standing tumbling... ugh

they asked me to do standing 2 handsprings to double...

I had strong steps, powerful handsprings, good set, ok spin, then...