Back to the dungeons

Fear pulsed through Ginny’s body as she realized the mess she was in. She was only 15! Her mum would kill her.

‘I might not be pregnant.’ She told herself hopefully. Ginny looked around her, making sure no one else was likely to come into her dormitory and took out her wand. Ginny waved it gently over where the baby would be if she were pregnant. Ginny’s fears came true when the tip of the wand glowed pink.

‘I’m dead.’ She thought tragically.

Ginny realized that she must be at least two months gone as that was the last time she slept with Severus. Oh God. How was she going to tell him?

Ginny nervously took the long and familiar walk from her dormitory down to the dungeons, careful to try and avoid Professor McGonagall.

Ginny wrapped her arms around herself as she got closer to the dungeons, partly because she was cold but partly because she felt more protected that way, this was not something she wanted to do, but she knew that she needed to do it.

Ginny stopped when she reached the door to Severus Snape’s office. She took a deep, calming breath before reaching up and rapping her fist on the black wooden door.

“Enter.” Came of the voice of Severus Snape. He already sounded depressed. Ginny was not prepared for the reaction she got when she pushed open the door and revealed herself to the Potions master.

“What are you doing here?” He instantly hissed, getting up from behind his desk and striding towards her menacingly.

“Severus I need to tell you something.” Ginny said, cowering away from him.

“Don’t call me Severus ever again Miss. Weasley! It is Professor Snape to you.” He screamed.

“But this is important.” She cried insistently.

“Not to me it isn’t, now get out!” He shouted, pushing her roughly back towards the door.

“Severus, please!” Ginny cried, thick tears beginning to run down her face.

“Just get out you pathetic blood traitor!” He screamed at her. His jet black eyes were full of rage as he yanked open his office door and pushed Ginny viciously to the floor outside. He looked at her with a look of immense disgust before slamming the door in her face.

Ginny pulled herself to her feet, which was made more difficult by the fact that she was crying hysterically.

She slowly walked away from the dungeons, trying to stop the tears falling from her thick lashes, but it was hopeless.

Ginny reached the entrance hall minutes later and realized too late the Professor McGonagall was there.

“Ginny, what ever is the matter?” McGonagall said, a worried expression on her face.

“Nothing professor.” Ginny lied. She felt a small twinge in her stomach as she said this but ignored it.

Ginny saw McGonagall’s gaze flicker behind her to the staircase she had just ascended.

“Ginny have you been to see Professor Snape?” McGonagall asked gently.

“Of course not.” Ginny said, wiping her eyes.

“Do not lie to me Miss. Weasley there is no point. What has he done to you?” McGonagall asked.

“Nothing I’m fine!” Ginny insisted, trying to walk away from her, but McGonagall was having none of it. She rushed in front of her and stood in Ginny’s path.

“Miss Weasley please… Ginny? What’s wrong?” McGonagall interrupted herself for at that moment Ginny had doubled over, a look of pain etched on her freckly face.