In the Dungeons

Ginny timidly approached the dungeons. She hated going to see Professor Snape, he put the fear of God into her with every glare but she couldn’t help but strangely like that. Everyone hated Snape but in a way she quite liked him. She would sometimes catch him looking at her with a sad glint in his eye and once or twice she saw him wipe a tear from his eye as he stared at her. Ginny found it quite strange but she didn’t really mind.

Ginny knocked gently on the door of Snape’s office in the dungeons, when there was no answer she pushed the door open quietly. Snape slumped over his desk. He was fast asleep.

Ginny cautiously tried to tiptoe out of the room but before she reached the door she heard a rough voice behind her whisper “Lily?”

“No Professor, it’s Ginny. I just wanted to give you this essay.” She said as she turned around, holding it out.

When she saw Snape’s face she was taken aback. His eyes very bloodshot and swollen as if he had been crying wildly and his expression was soft.

“I’m sorry Professor, I’ll come back another time.” She said hastily and retreated towards the door once again.

“No.” he said desperately, his arm outstretched as if to grab her.

When Ginny looked into his eyes she saw desperation and love there, two things she had never imagined to see from Severus Snape.

Snape slowly waked towards her, his cloak running along the ground like black ice. Within seconds he was standing so close to her that she could feel his warm breath on her face. His black eyes gazed into hers and only then did she notice how beautiful and entrancing they really were.

“You’re beautiful.” He whispered softly. He bent his head down, and Ginny didn’t want to stop him. She was seeing the love and humanity inside Severus Snape, and it was amazing. Ginny stretched her neck towards him and let their lips touch. Snape engulfed her small form in a warm embrace and that moment seemed to last forever.