Chapter 16

We ran back to our house so we could get dressed. The one thing we had to worry about was our parents friends, but they weren't that smart so I don't think we need to worry that much. We got our costumes on and got our shoes. We started running towards the theater. When we got there we put our shoes on and met up with the other girls. Caroline pulled me to the side, "I know you are the two in the circus," she said.

"No we aren't."

"Then why do the two new people in the circus have the same hair color and the same features as both of you?"

"Ugh, Okay it is us but you can't tell anyone okay."

"Okay," and with that she walked away. When the ballet started I looked out to the audience during our part. I could easily pick out my parents friends in the audience. I also saw the circus people. They were smiling along with Issac and Maxwel. Me and Issac locked eyes for a second but, then I looked away. I kept dancing. I liked Issac and I'm pretty sure he likes me but it can't happen, it's like Phillip and Anne but it's not going to have a happy ending. Speaking of Phillip and Anne I saw them sitting next to some of my parents friends. On no. This can't be good. When we were done performing everyone clapped and cheered. Then we went off stage, same old, same old. When we went to see everybody Issac ran up to me and hugged me.

"You did amazing," he said to me. I quickly hugged him back.

"Thank u," I said and walked away. When I saw Phillip and Anne they were talking to Lettie and everyone from the circus. Their back were turned and on the other side was my parents friends. They thought that Phillip was our father still. This is going to be crazy. I have to keep Phillip and them away from my parents friends, and I have to make sure they don't notice anything. I saw all the girls that danced with us standing together pointing and laughing at me and Marline. Well except for Caroline she was with her mom, dad, and sister. I saw P.T walk up and start talking to Phillip. Then Phillip kissed Anne. Their so cute together. CARLY STOP, FOCUS. I walked up to Caroline. "Hey can u help me with something?" I asked her.

"Sure what do u need."

I replied, "Can you help keep Phillip and the circus people away from my grandparents friends?"

"Sure, I'm on it." She ran off to talk to my parents friends