Chapter 9

~the next day~

I heard someone talking. I opened my eyes and looked around. It was Anne and Phillip. I sat up. I saw Isaac and Maxwel in the corner sleeping. Marline was sleeping too. I keep looking at Anne and Phillip. Its just I love the way they look at each other. Anne looked at me, "Oh, Carly your awake." I smiled. They both walked up to me.

"Yeah, I just woke up." I told them.

"How do you feel," Phillip asked me.

"Fine," I told them. It was the truth. "When do I get to go home?"

"Today, actually," Anne told me. I smiled. Phillip and Anne looked at each other. I saw Isaac in the corner of my eye. He was awake. I grinned. I don't think he knew I knew he was awake. I talked to Anne and Phillip while watching Isaac in the corner.

After a while I said, "Isn't this just an interesting conversation Isaac." You should have seen his face.

"Wait, how did you know I was awake," he asked.

I answered, "Because, I could see you out the corner of my eye."

"Oh," he replied. He came over to me and gave me a hug.

~skip to later that day~

It was finally time for me and Marline to get out of the hospital. We got the things we had there and left. Anne and Phillip had to go to the circus, so Isaac and Maxwel came with us. When we got to our house, our "grandparents" weren't there. Isaac and Maxwel helped us to our rooms. We didn't need it but. We both laid down.

"Both if you need to rest," Maxwel said. We both agreed and "went to sleep". Once they were gone. We got out of bed and snuck out. We ran to the circus. We sat where we normally do. When it came to the trapeze. As usual me and Marline watched Anne closely. She saw us. I knew because she gave us that look. The your in trouble look. That's when we knew we did something. After the show was over. We tried to slip out. It didn't work. She grabbed us. When she looked at us we felt like we did something.

"Whatever we did, we're really sorry," I told her.

"You know you should be resting," she said.

"We know, but we love the circus and we couldn't miss it." Marline said. She gave us look and then we went home. We finally went to sleep.