Chapter 4

Marline woke me up. We had to do chores again. We went down stairs and soon we finished. We decided to go to our place in the forest. There's no sunlight there so that's good for me. We get a candle and go. When we get there we light the candles and put them in our lantern. I take of my hat and the stuff I use to cover me. Marline and I ran around until we were tired. We went back home and laid down. Marline went to sleep I didn't. Later I heard something. I looked up from my book. It was coming from the window. I looked out. It was Isaac. Issac Goldberg. I opened the window. "Sorry, but you can only pick on me when there's sun out." I told him.

"No I don't want to pick on you. I just wanted someone to talk too." He replied. I was shocked. I went down stair, and snuck out. "Come on." I followed Isaac. When we stopped we were in a meadow close to where we live.

"Wow!" I said in awe. The stars were out it was beautiful. We both sat down. "Hey can I ask you something" I asked him.

"Sure, what is it."

"Why do you pick on me and Marline?"

"Well, I do it because I always have to hangout with Edward and the rest of them. They make me do it. I don't want to." I noticed for a second our hands were touching. Then out of nowhere Edward, Benjamin, Charles, and Maxwel came up.

"Oh look what we got here," Edward said in his stupid rich person voice. "Good job Isaac." I SHOULD HAVE KNOW! I didn't say anything. I looked at Isaac. He mouthed the words, "I didn't know" to me. I wasn't falling for that. They started pushing me again. No one was there to save me. They punched me and kicked me. They finally left. My eye hurt really bad. Edward punched me there. After they were gone, I walked back . I didn't go to my house though. I went near the circus. I sat down next to a building. A colored man walked up to me. I knew him from somewhere I just couldn't figure it out. He sat down beside me.

"Why are you so sad," he said. The he looked at my eye. "What happened." I didn't say anything. "Well, my names WD."

"You mean, the WD from the circus," I asked him.

"Yep, that's me."

"I love your work on the trapeze."

"Thank you, we and my sister Anne have done it for a while."

"Wait, Anne's your sister," I asked him nicely.

"Yep."

"I got and said, "Well, my grandparents are probably getting worried. I better go." I walked away. I went home and went to bed.