I asked Cindy to come over and keep me company. She does her best to keep me preoccupied. Drunk sex was definitely her specialty. But if there's one thing she always fails to do, it's making me unlove her.

It's the morning after and what better way to celebrate than to have birthday sex. We did it in the shower this time. This girl's just too loud. Good thing I had all walls soundproofed in this unit.

We just got done with the deed and I appreciate her for knowing her place. She never cuddles with me. She's not the clingy type too. We kind of spoke about the terms I have and she was totally cool with it.

"Are you expecting someone?"

"What?"

"Someone's at the door."

"Really? You have good ears.. and a great mouth too."

She smiled naughtily.

"Let me get it real quick."

I reached for the towel and wrapped it around my waist.

Housekeeping's not due in two days and I didn't order anything, so who could this be?

I messed my hair with my hand trying to rid it of dripping water down my face. I opened the door a bit just enough to see who was on the other side. When my eyes saw who it was, my mouth just dropped open. I couldn't believe it.

It was her.

She looked as surprised as I am. It took a moment for her to get herself together while I just stared at her speechlessly. I didn't know what to say. She was the last person I'd expect to show up at my doorstep.

She blurted out something but was cut short when Cindy suddenly showed up behind me.

"Who is it?"

Her eyes failed to conceal how taken aback she was to see someone with me. Hurt was displayed all across her face.

"Oh aren't you.."

Honestly, I just wanted to put Cindy in a bag and throw her somewhere. I felt really guilty. It's like being caught doing something I wasn't supposed to. I know we're not in a relationship, to begin with, but I still feel like cheating on her. Seeing her eyes starting to fill with tears makes me want to pull her in and explain myself but I just froze on the spot.

I knew it was already a struggle for her to keep it all together but she still managed to say,

"I just came here to give you these." She put the stuff she was holding at the doorstep and said,

"Happy birthday.." her voice breaking halfway through. And just like that, she was out of sight. I couldn't even watch her walk away. I moved away from the door trying to gather my thoughts straight.

What do I do?

I messed up.

She came. She didn't forget.

She wants to be with me and I was with someone else.

"Ooooh. She got you a cake. How sweet!"

I can hear Cindy whispering from the background.

"Aren't you going to check the paper bag?"

"Please stop talking." I just want silence. I need to think!

"Ooohh it's a heart with a band-aid. How cheesy is that... I know I broke your heart so please let me.."

"Give me that!" I grabbed the small paper out of her hand.