Part 36 : Homecoming

Start from the beginning

Joseph : "home" i could see a tear drop running down his cheek.

Pilot : "it won't be long until we could step foot on the sand again"

Joseph : "i waited for so long"

Me : "just wait for a little longer my friend"

Joseph : "well, I don't have a choice do i ?" The pilot then chuckled.

Me : "we're almost home"

(Time skip 10 minutes)

After the longest 10 minutes of my life, finally..... i'm back. Through the windows, i looked as we passed through the coast and into the vast desert. The Vacuo desert......

Joseph : "where are we going now ?"

Me : "to meet up with royal guards who are hiding in the desert"

Joseph : "how come i didn't know that ?"

Me : "the information couldn't be transferred using transcontinental communication devises, since the CCTS tower is currently under the control of the government. And so, we used the traditional means of manual delivery. And so, it arrived at the last second and we haven't briefed it to everyone"

Joseph : "but you do have the location right ?"

Me : "of course" i then took out a piece of paper.

Joseph : "is that it ?"

Me : "yes, this are the coordinates"

Joseph : "okay then, let's go. I can't wait to land"

Me : "pilot, take us to this coordinates"

Pilot : "yes Colonel"

(Time skip one hour)

After a while, we're finally approaching our destination. We've been flying low on the vast deserts of Vacuo to avoid detection. Whenever i see through the windshield, all i could see was an endless plains of desert sands. This brought back many memories. Good and bad alike.

Me : "how far are we from the base ?" I said to the pilot.

Pilot : "actually, it's just over there" he said as we went over a mountain to see an old abandoned airfield.

Me : "Area 15 huh ? I never thought that they'd use this base again"

Joseph : "Area 15 ? I've never heard anything about it. What is this place ?"

Me : "Area 15, the main headquarters of the Elite Guard Corps. Well it used to be until the government stopped using the practice"

Joseph : "so, you guys were the last ones right ?"

Me : "yes, they stopped recruiting years ago"

Joseph : "thank god. When i heard the news back then, i was actually relieved"

Me : "yeah, me too. I don't want more to be like me" i then felt a hand on my shoulder.

Joseph : "after this war is over, it'll all be different" he said as the airship began to descend. Honestly, even if the war ended, how different will the world actually be ?

Me : "come on, let's go" i said as we went back. As i walked through the airship, i saw Neo sleeping on one of the seats. I then gently shook her shoulder to wake her up.

Me : "Neo, wake up" as i said that, i could see her eyes opened. She then took out her scroll.

Neo : "are we there yet ?" If says on her scroll.