Him

Chapter 18

Friday 7:46 am

"I'm actually pretty terrified to go into the school."

"I'll only stare Kelly, and it's not like you haven't gotten that before," Tiffany pointed out trying to calm me down.

"I know, but I'm much bigger now. You can obviously tell I'm pregnant."

"Just take a big breath as you walk through those doors (A/N- totally by accident, but as I was reading it out loud and I noticed it was the same words as that Taylor Swift song. Okay that's all.) and ignore everyone's stares. You're going to be fine, but you need to hurry up so we aren't late.

Tiffany climbed out of her driver's seat and came around the passenger's seat to help me out.

I currently was being homeschooled, but I returned to school so I could take my final exam for all my class.

"I'm pretty sure they won't be upset I'm late. It's difficult to walk with swollen ankles and a big ass stomach," I said as Tiffany was helping me walk.

"Hey slut!" I heard someone yell.

"Just ignore it Clover," Tiffany said as she saw my jaw clench indicating I was upset.

"I'm fine, and I can walk myself to class," I growled snatching my hand from Tiffany's. I started walking toward the school with my head down leaving Tiffany behind.

"Clover she's just trying to help."

I stopped and looked up as a heard Randal's voice. I then made the mistake of looking around the parking lot. All eyes were on me, they were pointing and laughing and whispering amongst themselves, but I couldn't manage to tear my eyes away from the scene.

"Clover, just ignore them and look away," Randal called.

"Look at that whore's stomach," someone yelled.

"Ignore them Clover," Tiffany tried.

"Bitch!"

"Ignore them."

"Keep your legs shut next time!"

"They aren't worth it."

"Fuck you and your baby!"

"Clover, it's okay."

"I hope you die, dumb slut!"

"Don't listen to them."

"Everyone shut the fuck up, and leave me alone!" I yelled louder than I wanted to and "ran" inside the school's building.

I saw Tiffany and Randal making their way toward the building, and not wanting to speak to them I ducked behind the front desk.

"Maybe she went to her first period." I heard Randal say.

"I'll check the bathroom, while you check her first period." Tiffany responded.

I let out a sigh and relaxed under the desk.

"Do you need help?"

I looked up at the sudden intruder.

"You know you can't just sit there and stare at me."

I rolled my eyes, blushing a little bit.

"I was hiding from- uh never mind." I tried getting up on my feet, but of course I failed. I repeated the process a couple times before looking up at the stranger for help.

"Here, I'll help you up," he reached his hand out forward me.

"Thank you," I answered accepting his hand.

"So why are you on the ground?" He asked once we were both steadily on our feet.

"Are you new here?" I asked avoiding his question.

"Uh yeah. My dad meet this lady on the internet, they got married and we moved here after they got married," he answered.

"You don't seem so happy about it."

"It's whatever. I'm just glad my dad finally found someone."

He looked at my stomach and it seemed as if he wanted to say something, but stopped.

"Just say it. It's not like I haven't heard it before, but just so you know I don't care if you call me a slut-"

"I wasn't going to say that," he interrupted. "I was going to ask if I could feel your stomach. And I don't think your a slut, my mom had me when she was in high school too."

"Yeah you can. And thank you, your one of the first people to say I'm not a slut."

I watched him in fascination, as he brought his hands toward my stomach and rested them on my belly bump.

"What happened to your mom?"

"Some bastard was driving drunk and smashed into her car head first. The fucked up thing is he walked away with a few scratches while my mom died," he dropped his hand from my stomach and looked up at me.

"My parents died too, but in a plane crash. They weren't my real parents though, they adopted me."

We stared at each other in silence, unsure of what to say.

"Kelly," I heard Randal's voice and I turned toward the direction of his voice.

"Tiffany and I were looking for you," he gushed bringing me into a hug. He released me and looked over at the stranger.

"Are you new?" Randal asked as he put his arm around my shoulder bringing me closer to him.

"Yeah, just moved here. My name is Alexander, but people just call me Alex."

"Well Alex I'm Randal and this is my girlfriend Clover. We'd love to stay and chat, but I have to get her to her first period," Randal replied.

"What's your first period Alex?" I spoke up.

"English, room 123," he answered.

"Oh I have that class too. Can I see your schedule?" I asked moving out of Randal's grasp. "We have almost every class together."

"Randal and I can walk you to that class, since we're going there anyways. In fact, Randal Alex can walk me to class, I don't want you to be later to yours."

"But-"

"It's okay dude, I'll walk her safely to class and we can even finish talking," Alex interrupted Randal.

I waved bye to Randal and Alex and I started walking in the direction of the class leaving Randal behind.