Five Days*

48

??? POV

He has finally had enough.

He calls the young boy over who almost trips over his own feet. He is not a boy but rather a young adult, yet he will always be a boy in the eyes of the boss.

"What is it..." The younger male gulps, "sir?"

The older male in the lavish suit sits on his desk with several files and photos laying across in front of him.

Some of these papers consist of images and notes on Bangtan, the supposed rulers of Seoul. And the other information is incomplete records or irrelevant details over the so-called Phantoms. The mysterious gang that apparently acts and attacks without leaving any evidence behind. They don't have actual facts about them. Somehow that also puts the boss on edge.

Both the Phantoms and Bangtan have been a headache for him. For his crew and his work in the city. They have been putting him and his partners at risk, and something has to be done.

"Tell me, Taeyong who do you think out of these two", the stressed man points at the photographs, "who do you think will benefit us the most?"

"What do you mean... sir?"

He clears his throat in an irritating manner.

"Both of these gangs have power and are fighting for Seoul. Do you think it will be to our advantage to go after one?"

"Are you saying to recruit or eliminate?" The young boy named Taeyong nervously speaks.

The man in the desk chuckles.

"Both. We should keep one and discard the other. We can't have two Alphas in the same cage."

"And you want me to decide this?"

"You and your team. There is... eighteen... nineteen of you correct? Honestly, I lost count. And since you spend more time on the streets than my men, I believe you will make the right choice."

Taeyong nods agreeing to the comment of his boss.

"Is there any group you are leaning towards?"

He plays with his earrings, "Honestly I hate both gangs."

The boss sends vibrations in the air with his laugh.

"Okay, which one would you be able to tolerate the most?"

"Well, Bangtan has influence but so does Phantoms. But the Phantoms... low key scare me."

"Fear is a good psychological tactic to use in war and obviously Phantoms have used it well. They have developed it into a shield."

Taeyong nods again.

"I will talk it over with the guys and see what do they think. Maybe the young ones have heard more things than me. Whatever the case, you will have a final answer by tomorrow."

"Good. That's what I like to hear."

"No problem boss, as you said, we need to act fast."