Jungkook - Clash

Jungkook was just peacefully writing an email to another executive when suddenly the door to his office was bursted opened and in came Taehyung with a strange look on his face.

"Taehyung? What's-"

Taehyung marched up to him and grabbed him by the collar. "What do you think you are doing!?"

Jungkook tilted his head. "Well it depends on what you are talking about. Currently, I am trying to email-"

"You know exactly what I am talking about!" Taehyung shouted with fury in his voice.

"Are you... are you crying?" Jungkook noticed the shimmer on his cheeks and he stood up to face level with Taehyung. Jungkook had never seen Taehyung cry before.

"Answer my question!" Taehyung reiterate with a shove.

Jungkook smirked. "You mean with Sulli? I told you, I am helping her-"

"You and I both know that's a complete lie," Taehyung stated.

Jungkook chuckled and said, "Alright. I will tell you the truth - I am going to make her mine."

"Why!?" Taehyung roared.

"What do you mean why? She is a beautiful young woman. Who wouldn't want her?"

"I know that's not it," Taehyung shook his head. "What do you want from her?"

Suddenly the door to Jungkook's office was opened once again.

"What is this ruckus? I can hear it from my office!" Eunjung questioned as she eyed the two men that were facing off.

Jungkook answered, "Taehyung is in love with Sulli."

"You-" Taehyung shoved Jungkook back, causing him to stumble.

"Hey, hey," Eunjung walked further into the office. "There's no need for violence. Jungkook is only doing his job."

"Job? What job?"

"We know what Sulli wants," Eunjung said. "We know what she is trying to do. And we cannot have that. We are trying to have her under control."

"You don't have to emotionally manipulate her!" Taehyung shouted at Eunjung, and Jungkook raised an eyebrow. Taehyung never shouts, let alone at his boss. The Taehyung he knew was always respectful. Jungkook could see that Kang Sulli really got to Taehyung. That intrigued Jungkook. What made Sulli different?

"Oh but we do," Eunjung said. "Because if we don't, the other option for her is death."

"Oh Eunjung!" Taehyung aggressively walked towards Eunjung. Jungkook leapt to hold him back.

Eunjung sighed. "I need to go. You two sort this out." And she left the office.

Taehyung shook off Jungkook's grip on him and turned to glare at him.

Jungkook smiled in disbelieve. "I never thought you would fall in love with her."

"Well now I have! So stop with whatever you are doing to her."

Jungkook actually felt bad that this was happening. Jungkook valued Taehyung. He respected Taehyung for his never-give-up attitude even when things were going terriblely for him, such as when he accidentally revealed himself as a spy. Jungkook would have been scared shitless if he was in Taehyung's position.

If he knew Taehyung liked Sulli he may not have gone at things the way he did. But it was too late.

"I can't turn back now," Jungkook said.

Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's arm and shook him as if he was trying to shake some senses into him. "Yes you can! Please don't do this to her."

"You heard Eunjung," Jungkook said. "If I don't do this we might have to kill her."

"Why can't we just tell her the truth?"

"Tell her what!?" Jungkook shoved Taehyung back. He couldn't believe how blinded Taehyung was by his little crush. "Tell her that Jimin killed her parents and we are all protecting him? You should know her. If she hasn't give up her revenge after so long without any progress, she sure as hell won't now! Telling her the truth would just make it worse."

Taehyung looked down in contemplation. "Is there really no other way?"

Jungkook sighed. "Don't you understand? You can go ahead and tell her if you want, but you would have just gotten her killed by doing that... And you know, I am not the only one lying to her."

Taehyung looked back up at Jungkook silently, waiting for him to continue.

"Taehyung, I know you've always known that Jimin is the Busan Killer. Yet you haven't told her. You are lying to Sulli too."

Taehyung let go of Jungkook. He was feeling faint from the rush of anger and he needed to sit down. He walked towards the sofa the side of the office.

"I wouldn't sit on that if I were you," Jungkook said.

"Why?"

Jungkook could have told the truth then, but he didn't want to. He didn't want to hurt his friend any more than he had already.

"I just killed someone there," Jungkook said. "There might still be some dry blood."

"Alright," Taehyung stumbled to one of the two chairs in front of Jungkook's desk and slumped down on it. Jungkook went and sat on the other one.

He leaned towards Taehyung and put a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry. I really am. I had no idea she was that important to you."

Taehyung had a hand over his eyes. He said, "It's too late now, like you said."

"Maybe it isn't," Jungkook replied. He took a breath and continued, "Eunjung wants me to control Sulli with emotional manipulation. Maybe if you... if you make her fall in love with you instead, I can ask them to trust you to prevent her from doing things she shouldn't do?"

Taehyung took his hand off his eye and looked at Jungkook with new hope in his gaze. "But then you..."

"I'll be fine," Jungkook said. "I'll probably be told off by Yoongi and Eunjung but I'll be fine. That's not the main problem. The problem is - can you do it? If I asked you to manipulate Sulli, would you do it?"

"I- I don't know..."

"I need you to be sure or we are not going ahead with this plan."

"I really don't know." Taehyung sighed. "I just tried to stop her from investigating the Busan Killer... but it didn't work."

"So that's why you were so upset," Jungkook stated. "Then how can I let you do this when I'm putting Yoongi and Eunjung trust on the line for you?"

"I won't manipulate her," Taehyung said. "I will make her see that revenge is not the most important thing in life."

"You've already tried. It didn't work."

"But maybe I rushed it. Maybe I need to give it time."

"Maybe," Jungkook said. "I'm sorry but you don't sound convincing at all. I'll need to do my job too if you can't do it."

"I guess it's a race for her heart, huh?"

"I guess it is," Jungkook said. "No hard feelings?"

A small smile appeared on Taehyung face. "No hard feelings."

They both stood up and gave each other a hug.