Date

Taehyung flinched a little when I mentioned the Busan Killer.

"That's not good... Well, at least the Busan Killer has been apprehended now!" He said.

"No," I shook my head, "they got the wrong person. I know Nam Seoyun is not the Busan Killer; the real one is still out there. I know it."

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked, confused.

"I saw him. My parents were killed in an alley. I was the one that discovered their bodies. I saw someone walking out of the alley beforehand, but only his back. It was dark, I couldn't see much but it was enough to know that the Busan Killer is definitely not Nam Seoyun."

"Have you told the police that?" He asked.

"Yes, but they didn't put too much weight on this because it was dark and I couldn't tell them any details."

"So are you doing anything about it?"

"Yes. I have been researching on my own for the last year, but I didn't find much. But now I finally have a real chance to find him."

"Why?" Taehyung asked, his brows furrowing.

"I just accepted a job offer from Dr Kim... I know what he really does."

Taehyung pulled in hand back in surprise. "Do you mean..."

I frowned, a bit disappointed that he retracted his hand. "Yes, I know vaguely about what you and Yoongi do. Of course Seokjin didn't tell me everything, but I got the gist."

"W-Why are you still willing to go on a date with me then if you know what I do?" Taehyung asked with worry.

I chuckled. "I am not scared of this whole criminal underworld thing. Since the day the Busan Killer killed my parents I have been trying to get into it. Now I finally have the chance to do it. Now I finally have a chance to take revenge."

"Revenge?" Taehyung's concern was obviously growing. "What will you do? Kill the Busan Killer?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe expose him, maybe kill him, I don't really know. I just know that he needs retribution."

Taehyung laughed a little, "You are a doctor, and you are talking about killing someone."

I smiled. "I'm a nurse, and yes well, I guess it is ironic." I sighed. "We have talked about this whole grim murdery and dead parents thing for too long. Let's change the topic. So what do you like doing?"

"I like technology," Taehyung replied after finishing the last sip of his coffee. "Leader Ki- I mean Namjoon gave me a computer and I have been self-teaching coding."

"That's awesome!" I said. "I have always admired people who have the mind to do this. I tried taking a beginner coding class once and I gave up after like an hour. I just can't get my head around the commands and parameters, and what not!"

Taehyung chuckled. "I get you! I have always admired people like you. You are willing to spend your whole life helping others. I can never do that."

"I'm not that impressive... The reason I became a nurse was not actually because I have a strong desire to help people... It was just that when I was choosing my degree, nursing just seemed suitable for my academic strength." I sighed. "It's sad really, I don't have a passion in life. The only thing I have proactively done with my life is this search for the Busan Killer. It's ironic isn't it, that the Busan Killer is the one that gives me a goal in life."

Taehyung said with a pout, "I'm sure you will find something you will love soon. Everyone finds something they are passionate about, it's just a matter of time!"

I smiled. "Thank you, Taehyung. I hope that is true. I do hope I'll find something... or someone... that I love soon." I looked back up, meeting his gaze, and we just look into each other's eyes without words for a moment. It wasn't awkward at all, it was more of a mutual understanding now that we found we had a few things in common. Taehyung seemed like the type of guy that was goofy and fun on the outside but has so much more depth behind that. And I thought that was really attractive.

He looked down with a cute smile, breaking our stare. "You know," he began, "I have never met anyone like you, someone I instantly connect with."

A smiled surfaced on my face, coming from the bottom of my heart. "Yea, neither, well, not in a long time. Ever since the Busan Killer incident happened I have closed myself off. I know I cant stay like that forever."

"it's good you are trying to change," Taehyung said. "You were the one that got my number, after all. I would never have had the courage to ask you like that."

We then continued to merrily chat about almost everything, from our past experience to our future aspiration. We left the cafe after finishing our meal. He walked me to the bus station. We chatted until my bus arrived.

"Alright, I'll be going now," I said.

Taehyung waved and I noticed that he kind of got closer, maybe wanting a hug. But I had something better in mind.

I quickly gave him a peck on the cheek and ran onto the bus, heart beating so fast. When I looked back out the window of the bus that had just started moving, I could see that Taheyung was still standing there, wide eyes, dazed and surprised by my unexpected kiss. I chuckled a little and went to take a seat.

I couldn't stop smiling the whole journey back as I kept on thinking back to our date. That boy's adorableness put a warm and fuzzy feeling in my chest. Maybe this really was the start of something special.